stepping up

im currently riding a cr125 and thinking of changing it for a YZ400 426 450 etc but im a bit worried that its gonna be a bit to quick is there a massive difference between the two

im currently riding a cr125 and thinking of changing it for a YZ400 426 450 etc but im a bit worried that its gonna be a bit to quick is there a massive difference between the two

Between the cr125 and the YZ's you mentioned? Uh, yeah. A huge difference!!!

There's a big differnence, but it'll probably be a pleasant surprise rather than a scary one. How big are you and do you consider yourself a good rider?

but nothing you can't handle and get used to.

i went from an xr200r to yz400f and i loved it :banghead:

My first bike was an 02 426. No worries. They are EASY to ride. You wont be "overpowered". These things are pretty tame. easy to handle - linear power.

I went from a 1984 kx125 to an 2000 yz426 and now i am on the 05 yz450....as long as you respect the bike it will respect you....

huge dufference, altho then again I went from 230 crf (6/months on it) to a yz426 (aprox 2mos at best)

230 was my first bike ever.

ok thanks for the input guys now i just need to find a good one!! :banghead:

Yea big difference,more power and the weight can be nackering.But go for it they are great. :banghead:

Yea big difference,more power and the weight can be nackering.But go for it they are great. :banghead:

where abouts do u take yours Essex426 as your not a million miles away from me

Just before I got started, guys would have 300 lb 500 singles as their first dirt bike. Go for it.

Just before I got started, guys would have 300 lb 500 singles as their fist dirt bike. Go for it.

that is a beast :banghead:

The weight and handling will be the biggest hurdle. You'll love the power.

It'll definitely be a big differance, but nothing you wont be able to handle.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how easy the four-stroke is to ride. It makes power from the instant you crack the throttle all the way (almost) to its redline. The power is a mad-rush, but a controllable one.

Hello.Nearest legal places are joyce green, dartford,kent.Or essex mx.Thats J7-M11 take the A414.You cam find better directions on the web site.www.essexmx.co.uk.Or you could try www.mxtrax.co.uk for track listings.Trials & motocross news also has practice track listing & phone numbers.(It comes out every friday).Hope that helps.