XR650L- sell or not to sell

Hi, I have a 1999 XR650L with 850 miles on it. I was thinking of selling her.

I'm only 5.6 tall and have a hard time reaching the ground.

Anybody know what a bike like this would fetch on the open market?

Thanks Pops

If ya like the bike, raise the forks in the triple clamps to bring the front down, and add one of these

Or if ya don't like the bike with only 850 miles on it, good luck selling. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I see 01s going for 3000. :banghead:

I just finished doing the Kouba-Link, and forktube mods, ... lowered my XR650L about 1.75"-2" with stock suspension set up as stiff as possible ... also bought the Corbin Dual-Sport seat, supposed to drop it a bit more ... dont know yet, gotta send it back, the brackets didnt match up well ...

I just finished doing the Kouba-Link, and forktube mods, ... lowered my XR650L about 1.75"-2" with stock suspension set up as stiff as possible ... also bought the Corbin Dual-Sport seat, supposed to drop it a bit more ... dont know yet, gotta send it back, the brackets didnt match up well ...

How do you lower the forks? If I try and slide them up in the trees they will hit the bars. As far as the bike itself, I love it. It's just to hard to ride in stop and go traffic with me being so short.

If you do decide to sell, it will probably go fast. I bought a 99 650L with 2800 miles a few months ago for $2500. It had a IMS tank, protapers, K&N, and was in pretty good shape.

This bike is 100% stock. I don't know if that is a plus or a minus ......

I'm still debating on selling it. It's a little to tall and heavy for me.

I've been out of the bike stuff for a long time.

850 miles? damn.......times that by 10 and add a year and thats where i am

I know, everybody rides more than me. LOL

Heck, when I was a young man you couldn't get me off a motorcycle.

But with the high fuel prices I plan on riding it a lot more.

wr450fyamaha,

Hows your bike been holding up for ya?

I plan on getting some street tires and lowering it some.

I thought about selling it, but I doubt I could even get 3000.00 for it?

These bikes don't look like there to popular here in MI.

I might even put some sm wheels on it just so I can reach the ground.

my bikes been great.....got it like 3 months ago...put 1000 miles on her so far.....its perfect height for me..im like 6'1''.....paid 2000 for it and it has about 1800 in am parts.....so i think 3000 would be a little to much for being a 1999 (most people would think its been rooled back or u detached the speedo cable) i would thing u would be able to get 2200 to 2500 depending on condition and upgrades. michigan is great for this kinda bike....... dont put sm wheels on it, u can get a lowering link..... i love mine..