Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ImpalaR1

backfire's on Decelleration

8 posts in this topic

I know this means it's running to lean, but what should i adjust first to get rid of this without changing the rest of the carburation, because it doesn't sputter at any rpm range on acceleration, it's just when i let go of the throttle it backfire's everytime.

I've got a UNI air filter, stock exhaust with hrc tip, uncorked, at about sea level.

What should i adjust first to get rid of the backfire when i slow down?

I know this means it's running to lean, but what should i adjust first to get rid of this without changing the rest of the carburation, because it doesn't sputter at any rpm range on acceleration, it's just when i let go of the throttle it backfire's everytime.

I've got a UNI air filter, stock exhaust with hrc tip, uncorked, at about sea level.

What should i adjust first to get rid of the backfire when i slow down?

Mine does the same thing. The bike starts first time every time so I didn't mess with it. You can try to raise the needle one clip or try a richer low speed jet. You might be able to dick with the air screw.

I also have a DRZ that never back fired. But because I ride mostly desert 4000-8000' I would have to pull the butt plug out of my pipe for it to run right. I went and changed my needle to a leaner one so it would run better out there but at sea level now it has a slight pop on deceleration. I haven't tried it in the desert yet but I noticed the difference down here.

Mine does the same thing. The bike starts first time every time so I didn't mess with it. You can try to raise the needle one clip or try a richer low speed jet. You might be able to dick with the air screw.

I also have a DRZ that never back fired. But because I ride mostly desert 4000-8000' I would have to pull the butt plug out of my pipe for it to run right. I went and changed my needle to a leaner one so it would run better out there but at sea level now it has a slight pop on deceleration. I haven't tried it in the desert yet but I noticed the difference down here.

Well i just fixed the problem. I bought my bike already uncorked only a week or so ago, so i've just gone through the liquids, and filter and plug etc.... But the bike was already running great, really powerful and smooth, and all i had done to the carburator so far was adjust the idle.

So after i posted the message above like 10 minutes ago, i went out and checked the first thing and easiest thing to check on a carb, and thats the air/fuel screw. And it was barely 1/2 of a turn out!!! The second i turned it out to about 2 turns out the engine idle went WAY up. So i adjusted the idle again, and then adjusted the screw again to match the idle. I can't believe i didn't notice that air screw was only a 1/2 turn out until now. I took it out for a cruise and it was ALOT more responsive and smooth compared to the real aggressive throttle play it had before. Now it has a smoother power band but if u gun it, it still has all the same aggressivness. And the best part, Not 1 single backfire when i let off the gas! Anyway, i'm happy now that i don't have to be deafend by backfire's.

Well i just fixed the problem. I bought my bike already uncorked only a week or so ago, so i've just gone through the liquids, and filter and plug etc.... But the bike was already running great, really powerful and smooth, and all i had done to the carburator so far was adjust the idle.

So after i posted the message above like 10 minutes ago, i went out and checked the first thing and easiest thing to check on a carb, and thats the air/fuel screw. And it was barely 1/2 of a turn out!!! The second i turned it out to about 2 turns out the engine idle went WAY up. So i adjusted the idle again, and then adjusted the screw again to match the idle. I can't believe i didn't notice that air screw was only a 1/2 turn out until now. I took it out for a cruise and it was ALOT more responsive and smooth compared to the real aggressive throttle play it had before. Now it has a smoother power band but if u gun it, it still has all the same aggressivness. And the best part, Not 1 single backfire when i let off the gas! Anyway, i'm happy now that i don't have to be deafend by backfire's.