HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SBRacing

KENDA anyone ?

17 posts in this topic

Cheap tire. In this case, you get what you pay for.

hey grey i noticed you have the 5 oz. on your 450.i have the same one for sale in the classifiedsfor 65 bucks-do you think thats fair?

used it one time, prefer the carlsbad tire, usally i get about 12 rides on it during summer hard pack terrain, grips good all through out the season, has 2 way tread patterns

hey grey i noticed you have the 5 oz. on your 450.i have the same one for sale in the classifiedsfor 65 bucks-do you think thats fair?
Maybe a little steep. Rule of thumb for used parts is 50% of the new price, which it this case is $90. But it's easier to back off a price than to run it up once the negotiations start. Besides, if somebody pays $65, it's not too high.

I ran a couple Millvilles on my last rm, they had excellent traction in the soft-intermediate terrain, but as stated, the side knobs chunked badly. I have had good luck with Maxxis , also a lower price tire, but with very good performance/durability.

Tried Millvilles,Carlsbad and Trackmaster.

Millvilles and Carlsbad chunked pretty badly after 1 ride. Trackmaster last quite long but aint got the best grip.

I run the Kenda Millville STICKY tires on the 250f and plan on running them on the 450 whenever it decides to come in.They hold up great on a 250f and the sticky's bite real well.I have had problems with the non-sticky version chunking tho.

I threw a Kenda K771 Millville on the foefitty anyone try one yet ?

37 miles on it on sunday and like you guys said its chunking... Good thing it was cheap! should have bought another starcross

sorry but the kenda i had on the 400 chunked way bad

Same here. I put a Kenda Carlsbad on the rear of a friend's 450F and the knobs on the side tore off in four rides, while the knobs in the center of the tire wore down to nothing. If I were you I'd try out some Maxxis tires, they last a long time...have good, big knobs and cost very little.

yea the millville grips good for the first ride then it just kinda chunks adn then its bald, all in a matter of about 5 hours of riding.

garbage..... Good tire for the price except I would go thru them three to one, so the cost is actually more.

I just put one on my bike Thursday night (new and improved version with raised rubber between the side knobs and the second row that is there to keep the knobs from chunking) I have exactly 56 miles on it in single track and it is done......It actually looks as though I toock a grinder to it and rolled 3/4 of the knob's faces off. I will not be going back... :banghead:

The side chunking was a problem with the first version just like it was with the starcross... :applause: