Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nagualchrist

2000 yzf426 problems

16 posts in this topic

2000 426 with 450 cam, blue wire mod. bike starts and runs with the choke on, but dies shortly after the choke is let off. any suggestions would be great.

thanks

2000 426 with 450 cam, blue wire mod. bike starts and runs with the choke on, but dies shortly after the choke is let off. any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Warm the bike up and adjust the idle speed and idle fuel mix. If you still have trouble, or if you can't get the idle adjusted right, check your valve clearances.

Warm the bike up and adjust the idle speed and idle fuel mix. If you still have trouble, or if you can't get the idle adjusted right, check your valve clearances.

Bike ran great, than sat for awhile, took carb off to clean, and then put back on. Prior to that valves were in spec. Plug is showing a little carbon fouling. Bike seems to be hit or miss, ran great right after i put it back together and then started acting up again.

Bike ran great, than sat for awhile, took carb off to clean, and then put back on. Prior to that valves were in spec. Plug is showing a little carbon fouling. Bike seems to be hit or miss, ran great right after i put it back together and then started acting up again.

I think it's your plug. Did you clean the plug? If so, yank it out and check it again. If it's fouled again, you might be running too lean. If you didn't clean the plug, try a new plug and see if that corrects the problem.

I think it's your plug. Did you clean the plug? If so, yank it out and check it again. If it's fouled again, you might be running too lean. If you didn't clean the plug, try a new plug and see if that corrects the problem.

Check to see if your main jet is clogged, If it runs fine with the choke on and not off it sounds like you are not getting enough fuel

Did you have the carb slide out when you cleaned the carb? If you did, double check and be sure you put the plate back in right. It looks right when it's wrong and will do exactly what you are saying to the bike.

Make sure the pilot jet is clean. Hold it up to a light and make sure that there is NOTHING in it. If it is slightly clogged, your bike won't idle. The pilot circuit is the main circuit at idle up to about 1/8 throttle, so if affects how your bike idles. Your bike will also pop more on decel if the pilot jet is clogged.