HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450 Hurricane

Frame Guards

14 posts in this topic

To protect the paint on the frame from "boot wear", I have been putting duct tape on the frame where the paint tends to rub off.

We'll, I'm getting a little tired of cleaning off the adhesive between rides.

I am looking at frame guards from Devol and Carbon Fiber Works.

Are there others anyone would recommend or does anyone have experience with Devol or Carbon Fiber Works?

I got my B&B's to protect the rear brake resivoir as well as stop rubbing.

I had a mate that got his resivoir ripped clean off by a stray tree branch.

Well worth the money.

I had the works connection ones on my rm and they got black pretty soon from boot rub. On my yzf I just got some of the carbon fiber works ones and they look great. Plus when they get scratched you can't tell cause it's carbon fiber! They're a little pricey at 80$ but I think they look great if your into that whole carbon fiber thing.

Works Connection! :banghead::applause: As for getting scuff marks on them a SOS pad and water clean them up great. My buddy has the CF's and they look splintered after a few years riding. :lol: I had WC's on my XR400 for 7 years and they still looked great to the day I sold it. :lol:

I ate holes the size of my fist through my first set of Devols in 2 years of heavy riding. Now I am on the works connection units. I think the Devols have better coverage and go higher up the frame. Works connection units look better but are not as good protection. :banghead:

My main problems with aluminum frame guards are a) dirt gets in behind them and ends up scratching the frame anyway, :applause: they make a mess of my white boots , and c) they look like hell after a couple of rides. Acerbis makes some nice plastic guards that cover more of the frame, but alas, they don't make them for my '04 WR450F. :banghead: