HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fowler175

Powerbomb headpipe?

6 posts in this topic

So I realized this weekend, just how flimsy the stock Ti headpipe is on my 450. Just a few little rocks flipped up by my front tire, and its dented all to crap. I am assuming that if I go to the stainless powerbomb , it should be a LOT stronger, yes? Also, does the powerbomb fit the stock exhaust? I like the stock can, and will probably end up getting a PMB insert for it.

Thanks

I've got the PB header and it is a thinker guage of steel than stock. It will take more abuse than the stocker, but I'd still reccomend a shield for it.

It's certainly MUCH better than the old Ti header its replacing. A drop of water would dent that thing.....

I had a Powerbomb on my '03 450 which worked fine with the stock exhaust. It is a bit stronger than stock, but it still didn't take too much to put a thumb print sized dent in it. Definitely recommend a guard for it.

There used to be a kit in ebay that would allow you to attach the stock header guard to any header, but I dont see it anymore. A few hose clamps, a 1/4" piece of Aluminum and a 6-pack of beer should be all you need to make you own though.