electric start for 2000 XR650R

I run grip heaters [...]

Time to trade that dirt bike in for a Goldwing.

4Takt

Also to make starting easier keep idle turned up or if you must turn idle down when warmed up then turn idle back up before starting cold. Even hot starting is easier with higher idle setting. Another tip for cold starting when bike has been setting for a week or more is to have fresh gas in float bowl by just leaning bike over until you get steady stream of gas onto the ground.

I agree with others that you should either learn to kick start the bike or ride something else. It may help you to have an experienced thumper stomper show you the ropes.

Also to make starting easier keep idle turned up or if you must turn idle down when warmed up then turn idle back up before starting cold. Even hot starting is easier with higher idle setting. Another tip for cold starting when bike has been setting for a week or more is to have fresh gas in float bowl by just leaning bike over until you get steady stream of gas onto the ground.

I agree with others that you should either learn to kick start the bike or ride something else. It may help you to have an experienced thumper stomper show you the ropes.

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :banghead:

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :banghead:

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :lol:

Yeah, me too. One of my sons started riding my 650r at age ~14. It took him a little bit before he could start it reliably, but it was nothing he couldn't overcome. My wife is only 5'6" @ 120lbs and she'll even ride my 650r for a little bit. Granted its not her first choice, but she likes the powwa of da big thumpa :applause:. She only rides it on fairly flat non-technical terrain, but the bike brings a grin to her face when she accelerates or pops the front wheel up. Some people are ready to ride this bike earlier than others and some are never ready to ride it, but I was riding / racing open class two stroke in my early teens and loved it. Hopefully 'Xr650' is ready for it and has tons of fun with this bike :banghead:

I think it's awesome a 15yo is riding a 650 good work man :lol:

Yeah, me too. One of my sons started riding my 650r at age ~14. It took him a little bit before he could start it reliably, but it was nothing he couldn't overcome. My wife is only 5'6" @ 120lbs and she'll even ride my 650r for a little bit. Granted its not her first choice, but she likes the powwa of da big thumpa :applause:. She only rides it on fairly flat non-technical terrain, but the bike brings a grin to her face when she accelerates or pops the front wheel up. Some people are ready to ride this bike earlier than others and some are never ready to ride it, but I was riding / racing open class two stroke in my early teens and loved it. Hopefully 'Xr650' is ready for it and has tons of fun with this bike :banghead:

hehe, im 16....was 15 when i got my xr650l!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe, im 16....was 15 when i got my xr650l!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead::lol::applause::lol::lol::lol:

Geez, is this a website full of high schoolers?