HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDesto

03 YZ450 frames???????

14 posts in this topic

Ok, how many of you have frames that are leaking OIL out of them?? Found a couple of drops of oil on the floor!!!! Upon further inspection i notice that my frame is leaking oil from under the headset left side of frame!! Looks like the paint is coming off!!! Oil is sweating out from it!! Geuss i need to get it welded????

I have heard of this before. Usually happens to frames that have been jumped a lot, although I don't think it's a very common problem. A competent welder should be able to fix you up.

Hmmmmm I did case a triple pretty hard a few weeks ago and now it's sweating oil from the weld! Hard to sell when theres oil dripping down the frame!! :D

I'm having the same problem on the right side I'm getting oil on the bottom of the right radiator but cant find the leak because it seems like it is only leaking when I'm riding the bike. Did you use something to find your leak or was it in plain view for you to find it. :D

Check all the weld seams near the bottom of the headset, mine is barely sweating out to form a drop of oil @ the bottom of the down tube along where the drain screw is. Prolly steel brush the paint off and have my friend throw a bead on it.

Is there any possibility that it could be spraying up the down tube from one of the oil lines because if I let it go and run a full moto its all over my engine, head pipe and radiator.

sounds like a line is leaking if your head pipe/rad is full of oil. If your engine is full of oil it might be your overfow line spraying onto your engine if overfilled.

Is there another line other than the two that come from the top of the valve cover plus I don't think thats the problem I checked the oil level twice over.

I'm having the same problem on the right side I'm getting oil on the bottom of the right radiator but cant find the leak because it seems like it is only leaking when I'm riding the bike. Did you use something to find your leak or was it in plain view for you to find it. :D
In your case, check the front of the cylinder head just above the exhaust port, and see if there's a 1/2" hole there. If there is, welcome to the Blown Out Decomp Bore Plug Club. You need to check your bretaher tube to be sure it isn't pinched or something, then get One of These :D

You blew out your decom. plug. I did the same thing on my 03' 450 and I was pissed when I found out. Just get the replacment off here they work good.