My xr675L super motard, new pics!

Ill try anything to get this to work right :banghead:. I did come across this though, vacuum fuel pumps . Does anyone know how I could get this to work with my edelbrock? I could find any electric pumps anywhere, unless someone knows of something?? Im assuming these vacuum pumps need manifold vacuum or do they use ported vacuum? Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Zack

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if one of those would feed a big 4 stroke. They do use a lot of those on 2 stroke snowmobile engines. But a big thumper has fewer engine pulses to move the diaphragm at lower RPMs but could still need large amounts of fuel if the throttle is cracked. Could it create a bottle neck at low RPMs during WOT? Just a thought.

It says 14 liters per hour flow, so im not sure how good that is for a single cyl. 4 stroke bike... I mean its gotta be better than they way it is, right? Not totally sure by "bottle necking" at lower rpms going to wot? Anyone have any experiance with these types of fuel pumps on this kinda bike? Any info would be awesome!!!

Fuel pumps

Zack

Here it is and its almost finished, I think... I got a new black tank on the way and just gotta play with gearing a bit more and thats it. Let me know what ya think about it, Thanks!

Zack

466060_176_full.jpg

466060_177_full.jpg

466060_178_full.jpg

466060_179_full.jpg

466060_180_full.jpg

Sweet man what is the rear tail light fender combo you're running? I need one of those! :banghead::applause:

It says 14 liters per hour flow, so im not sure how good that is for a single cyl. 4 stroke bike... I mean its gotta be better than they way it is, right? Not totally sure by "bottle necking" at lower rpms going to wot? Anyone have any experiance with these types of fuel pumps on this kinda bike? Any info would be awesome!!!

Zack

Zack, that's 'zactly the type of pump I was thinking of. It's the factory setup on my Thundercat (sno-scoot) and it feeds a 180 horse motor; no problem even at sustained WOT. I guess there must still be some kind of vacuum, because with the fuel tank in the seat, it's overcoming some serious G forces to get that fuel to the carbs. I know that 2-smokes have way less compression than thumpers, so I can't see how flow would be more of a problem unless you were to suck the diaphragm right out of it; unlikely I think. Oh, and not to sound like too much of an ass but 14 liters is 4.375 gals, that's way adequate GPH flow for a big thumper. Keep in mind, I'm talking out of my ass here, I don't have the Edelbrock or big tank yet, so I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Kinda reminds me of clipping the balls off a Pitt Bull :applause: and putting a pink bow on him... but it is becoming more and more popular...

Have you ever ridden a dirt bike on the street (with street tires?)?? Friggin incredible IMHO.

I had a 2001 ZX-9, 2000 ZX-6, and a 1998 CBR600. All GREAT bikes, but nothing beats the 'flickability' and low-end torque of these 'motards'.

Ok, so you can't go 160 mph....but who does that on a regular basis on the street?

Besides, maintenence is cheap and easy :banghead:

Here's some pics with the clarke 4.0 gal tank and acerbis headlight on it. I still gotta find a black seat cover and Im thinking about tank that white sticker off the headlight. If anyone knows where I can get a black seat cover for a 650L, let me know! Thanks!!

Zack

Nice looking bike you have there.

Have you ever ridden a dirt bike on the street (with street tires?)?? Friggin incredible IMHO.

I had a 2001 ZX-9, 2000 ZX-6, and a 1998 CBR600. All GREAT bikes, but nothing beats the 'flickability' and low-end torque of these 'motards'.

Ok, so you can't go 160 mph....but who does that on a regular basis on the street?

Besides, maintenence is cheap and easy :banghead:

The closest thing was a Honda VT500 twin cylinder I had years ago... It was a wheelie machine and very flickable... I loved it... I am sure if I got into motard I would love it...

• 1 year later...

Nice work Zack, real nice !! :devil:

" When I held the bowl very low(24” from the top of the fuel level, it filled up very quickly, however when I held it higher, (6” from the top of the fuel level, it barely trickled in. There was not enough fuel pressure to move the needle away from the seat more than just a little. There is my problem!!!"

On the above statement, Im just curious, is Edlebrock now aware of this problem ?

How long has this carb been out for the XRL ?? If it's been a few years it's odd that they don't KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM and warn you about using larger tanks or recommend a certain fuel pump with the kit instead of making the customer do the work and be a R&D man??

Zack ............... sent you a PM.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Its looking cool...indeed. I think the gold hubs would look great. Your next mod should be some Pro Tapers CRF/Highs you will be shocked at how much better it feels and responds to input.

hey...just try and use the front tire at least once in a while, ummmmmkay