05 Stock Pipe - 88 db

Last week at the Colorado 500 they performed a sound test on my '05 WR with the stock exhaust and the inner baffle removed. The bike passed with flying colors at 88 db. The upper limit was 96 db so I was well under that. :D

As far as I know this was an "official" test - bike revved to the appropriate RPMs and the sound meter held at the proper angle and distance.

Just another data point for those of you wondering how loud the stock '05 is.

Story

Good info- I have ordered the insert from the Quiet is Cool company- think I remembered that right. They claim far better flow but still quiet. Will advise.

That sounds about right. When I bought mine, the dealer said the stock pipe is about 90 to 92dbs. at the most.

Good info- I have ordered the insert from the Quiet is Cool company- think I remembered that right. They claim far better flow but still quiet. Will advise.

Tell me more about the Quiet is Cool Co. Is it an insert for the stock pipe? If so, does it help performance?

Tell me more about the Quiet is Cool Co. Is it an insert for the stock pipe? If so, does it help performance?

Yes

http://www.quietiscool.com/

WOW!! I had no idea. Thank you for the info. :D

Have a great weekend... :D

You too.

I am "assuming" the claims of better performance are true. I have to believe they are based on the apparent increase in diameter... Will advise when I install- they were back ordered 2 weeks so I expect to get it next week.