Gas Milage

What kind of gas milage do you get with your XR650L ? I have removed the smog system does that help or hurt. :D

hehehehehehehe everybody is askin about milage.....im gettin 35 in the dirt...lots of sant...prolly 60 on the street

I'm around 48 on the street, much less in the dirt.

I can go 75-80 miles before I hit reserve on my XR600R on the street, back and forth to work. So I guess I'm getting around 35-40 depending on how hard I thrash it .

Removing smog stuff doesn't help or hurt. I got 38 mpg on the street, and I'm not sure in the dirt. When you think about it, that is horrible gas milage for such a small displacement engine. I had a honda civic that displaced over 2 times the 650 cc's in my old XRL, and it got 33 mpg on the highway. But it wasn't air cooled and carbuerated.

Mines bone stock, and I get 42-45 mpg on the road, 14/48 front and rear, and k&n filter and uncorked stock exhuast not to mention 20k on the ticker.

Mines bone stock, and I get 42-45 mpg on the road, 14/48 front and rear, and k&n filter and uncorked stock exhuast not to mention 20k on the ticker.

That sounds about right, mines geared same, and easily hits 45 onroad, a lot thirstier offroad when screwed-on

:D

i'm getting 41 42mpg.

I get 45 to 52 mpg no matter how hard I beat on it. Mine has a UNI filter and 14/48 gearing.

45-48 road. jetted, Big Gun pipe

45-48 road. jetted, Big Gun pipe

I usually see about 42-45 MPG, but managed 54 over two tanks last weekend on a long road trip. My XRL is still choked up with smog.

56 mpg mostly highway after de-smog/rejet, 50 mpg before.

The bike is still tight with 300 miles.

Stock I got around 50mpg on road and about 30 off road. With a 14 tooth front sprocket, 140/90 MT-21 on the back, smog stuff removed, snorkel mod, Dave and Brian's carb mods, now getting about 45/25mpg.