HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B86_Racer

450 HP Numbers

74 posts in this topic

What kind of horsepower are you guys' 450's putting out? Mine isn't quite jetted perfectly (should be after tomorrow) and i'm putting 54.5 to the rear wheel. Running a Bill's Pipe and U4. I know some of the *very* modded motors are putting out 60+hp.

Anyone got any dyno #'s? I should have some charts by tomorrow

the most i've seen is a 2001 426"440" running race gas pumping out68.5hp at the rear

that seems a Little steep :D

68.5 HP?????? :D RIIIIIIIIIGHT! The shear displacement is not possible. Maybe bored to, let's say 506 or more. I am no motor sorcerer but believing something in the 50's and low/low 60's is definitely possible.

If you say you saw it, you saw it. No arguement there. Though, the mechnical physics of it prove to be questioned.

Cheers.

it was at a local motocross track and they had a dyno set up the bike was insane i bet he had 20g's in it.

Ended up getting 56.8 out of it today after playing with the jetting. :D

I've got ~70 dyno runs on a floppy disk but I realized that my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive. I was able to print one copy out and just took a picture with my digi cam.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/albums/members/album176/dynorun.jpg

I think stock is like 48-49 horse, all you did was put on a pipe, run u4 and jet it properly? Gainnig 7 to 8hp is a nice pick up. :D

Sorry to sound like a dummy, Burned, but I'm pretty new to dyno'ing. I've got all my dyno runs saved on a floppy. Will this have all the conditions/cf located in there?

you can change what is dispayed.instead of power number you can display conditions.

your numbers are way high.your bike makes more like 50hp when the proper conditions are factored in.

winpep 6 didnt have real time weather.you had to manually enter the temp,humdity,barometric pressure,etc.with winpep6 its really easy to fudge the conditions to make the readings high.

winpep 7 does it automatically.the correction factor can change run to run.

heres every step in the process of making a 60hp crf.

everystepconditons.jpg

all that im looking for is that the torque and HP are the same at 5250 rpms... i want to see that on your yz and then ill believe

dan

Winpep 6 is all we have up at the school. I guess there's no way to find my "true" hp number if I opened my runs in winpep 7? I guess I'm really asking is, are the conditions stored in my dyno run and if i was to open it up in winpep 7 would it configure eveyrthing for me. 56 SEEMED high but who am I to argue, I'm pretty new to all the dyno stuff. Thanks for the help, I'll hopefully get access to a floppy drive later this week.

I didn't forget... :banghead:

I knew that you and burned both had 60hp 450's...

Going to try and get those files to you asap burned.

I didn't forget... :banghead:

I knew that you and burned both had 60hp 450's...

Going to try and get those files to you asap burned.