HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poffer

registration plate holder

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a license plate holder, anyone who knows where I can get on? Company must ship overseas (I'm from Norway)

DSC00622.jpg

The big hole just allows the bolt from the taillight to poke through. Light hooked up to make it semi legal.

I fabbed one out of sheet metal. UnfortunateLy too many stoppies bent it down a little due to weight of turn signals combined with rear end dropping back to earth. So I moved it forward for a shorter distance between signals and mount, and spot welded up the stress crack that was starting, and used a fender washer at the rear mount to distribute the stress better. Took some pics tonight and will post tomorrow.

Please click for larger version. I will try to get a good photo of underside tonight.

dsc001984sh.th.jpg

The signals have yellow LED's. The tail light also has brake light activated via momentary switch.

Cost of this setup is very cheap- some scrap sheet metal, a short length of 1" schedule 80 behind holder to clamp signals on.

dsc002135jo.th.jpg

Note the (sloppy- it was late) weld repair of stress crack due to too much overhang originally- plus too many stoppies :D