yz426 h.p.

I think it goes YZF400 - 40, 426 - 43, 450 -46 , its either that or YZF400- 40, 426 - 44, 450 - 48 HP.
That's pretty close. You'll see dyno tests that vary as much as 5-6 hp, depending on how much effort was put into making the bike run properly for the test. Generally, a stock 450 tests at about 47-48, and a 426 is about 1.5-2 lower than that, both stone stock. On a given day, between two random bikes, they could very well be equal. The 450 is 12-15 lbs lighter, though, and the much lighter rotating mass makes the earlier ones a lot snappier natured.

I never really believed this but why does my title say 57 hp ? I have a 2000 426 and for some reason on the titles I have seen in NY, NJ, and PA they have HP#s on the titles. I saw a new KX125 title say 40 hp also. Probably only makes 17 ft-lbs though.

I never really believed this but why does my title say 57 hp ? I have a 2000 426 and for some reason on the titles I have seen in NY, NJ, and PA they have HP#s on the titles. I saw a new KX125 title say 40 hp also. Probably only makes 17 ft-lbs though.

actually i think its more like 9ft-libs

• 9 months later...
i just talked to eric gore today and he said the 426 is a stronger motor than the 450.

Well it's more tractor like. It has more of a stump pulling grunt while the 450 has enough snap to rip your arms off and then smack you with them. They 426 pulls hard too but the 450 has a lighter flywheel and is just more whip lashy than 426's. The 426 is better for trails and things of that nature while the 450 is a racing machine and is MUCH lighter and because of that handles better

the 426 is a much stronger motor compared to the 450. due to EPA regulations all the leading motor companies had to downsize on power, but to make buyers still come back they bumped up the cc's, but downsized everything else.

the 426 is a much stronger motor compared to the 450. due to EPA regulations all the leading motor companies had to downsize on power, but to make buyers still come back they bumped up the cc's, but downsized everything else.

HUH??? :applause:

• 6 months later...

I got a few questions...

i'm working on a few Idea's for a plan, that's i'm going to present to a local college for a govt. grant.

inorder to have some calulations provided, i need to know. how much HP a 06' stock 450 has at the crankshaft; and at the rear wheel?

anyone know the brake horsepower?

MPG?

what's the Air fuel ratio 14.628 to 1?