HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wheels up

I want one of these!

17 posts in this topic

Look at the weight.

You will know on Sept 8th if avail in USA, new model convention then. Keep your fingers crossed.

A little heavier.

Check out the unequal length header tubes- done for noise, or power, I wonder?

D

That looks nice....

I had a XL600r years ago, was the first one with electric start. It really failed as a trail bike as it was simply too heavy and one endo would have cost mega bucks. It didn't really cut it as a road bike either due to too upright, too buzzy, small tank among other things. It did a crankshaft in the first month (from new) which kinda soured our relationship a bit and we ended up parting soon after. I regretted the day I traded my trusty, stripped down XL500 on it.

Now I have the 650R and the Blackbird and I'm in heaven, maybe older and wiser but in my opinion most dual sports have deficiencies in one or the other area and it really depends on your usage of the bike and tolerance of them. Ideally I'd like to add a 450x to the stable and I reckon I'd have it covered.....

Just need some more $$$

That looks nice....

I had a XL600r years ago, was the first one with electric start. It really failed as a trail bike as it was simply too heavy and one endo would have cost mega bucks. It didn't really cut it as a road bike either due to too upright, too buzzy, small tank among other things. It did a crankshaft in the first month (from new) which kinda soured our relationship a bit and we ended up parting soon after. I regretted the day I traded my trusty, stripped down XL500 on it.

Now I have the 650R and the Blackbird and I'm in heaven, maybe older and wiser but in my opinion most dual sports have deficiencies in one or the other area and it really depends on your usage of the bike and tolerance of them. Ideally I'd like to add a 450x to the stable and I reckon I'd have it covered.....

Just need some more $$$

I'm good to go with the XX and 650R, I' leaning towards a long term vintage project like this guys, since I love the 6 pack. pic below

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/captb/Fuhrmann-CBX.jpg

Those tires definitely mean no off-roading.

If it's liquid-cooled, where's the rad? Under the gas tank? And why does it have cooling fins? I think it must be a misprint.

If you click on the image of the bike that is in the start of this thread, a larger image pops up..

The engine is EXACLY an NX650/XR650L engine!!

Weighs more. Inverted forks. I have done desert races on my 1995 650L. There is no way in heck you'd get me to race the FMX650 on any dirt.

This bike is not even in the same class as an XR650L, but has the same good engine.