Am i ready?

i have had decent experience on a 1980 smoker yamaha 175 enduro, a 2002 200 (some four stroke chinese bike) and a 2004 RM 85.

i am turning 15 in a couple of months and im between 5'7.5''-5'8.5'' and weight about 150lbs.(i will probably be bigger when i am close to getting the bike) the bikes i ride are not mine but i ride them from pretty often and dont have any problems handling them.

:D i want to get the yz/rm 250( i know its thumpertalk but it is hard enough to pay for half of a 250 let alone a four stroke :D ), and it will be the only bike i will ever get. im positive i will take it slow at first and very slowly get used to the bike, do you think i could handle it? :D

I went from a '73 Kawasaki 175 to a KTM 300. When I first got on the KTM I was scared to death that if I hit the gas and it would fly out from under me! But, I rode it anyway and it wasn't too bad. A year later I was ready for a 4-stroke and bought my 426. And my brother basically learned to ride on his YZ 250. He was thirteen when he bought it. He handles it fine.

Get a 250. Take it easy at first and you'll be fine!

• 1 month later...