Indy 450 and Maxxis tires

I was wondering when NC was going to chime in. You two are like Martin and Lewis, Mutt and Jeff, Salt and Pepper, Peas and Carrots, Ice Cream and an Oreo cookie...SC

I think yamaha should have been officially in contact with at least a couple of the 'tribal chiefs' on here for no other purpose than feedback and product improvement. also i'm suprised no marketing gurus have figured out the influence that some post on here have ( maybe they have and there are moles for yamaha and particular products here... mmm) my tyre choice was made from here (mich s12 front maxxis back) many parts i have bought were sourced from info here. surely not even the most committed japanese test rider could so comprehensively analise so many aspects of these products.

anyway just a thought.

if anyone does contact you, tell them to hurry up with hydraulic rear drive like 2 trac front. chains give me the $hit$

I was wondering was NC was going to chime in. You two are like Martin and Lewis, Mutt and Jeff, Salt and Pepper, Peas and Carrots, Ice Cream and an Oreo cookie...AC

:eek::eek::D:D:D:p:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D

Mutt and Jeff were riding in the Daniel Boone National Forest this last weekend. :eek:

We had a blast as usual. :D:D:D

if anyone does contact you, tell them to hurry up with hydraulic rear drive like 2 trac front. chains give me the $hit$

dude, i mentioned that when the 2-tracs first came out. the heck with the front just make the regular bikes hydraulic rear. you could still change gearing with the drive sprockets on the pump :D talk about smooth, put a one way clutch on the hub and you'd almost eliminate engine braking. there would then be possibilities of eliminating the clutch all together,maybe a little torque converter. suspension would work better; we just need to build a frankenbike :D fuel injected of course indy :D

Thats a good point about the fuel injection. You know the new yamaha raptor 700's are fuel injected. However a quad is diffrent. Dirt bikes are all about a pound here and a pound there. I think the carb is still the way to go even though it is a mechanical way of delivering fuel. To put fuel injection on a dirt bike would mean to reengineer the whole dirt bike world as we know it. A good idea, but I am guessing 2010. Its inevitable. did I spell that right?

Thats a good point about the fuel injection. You know the new yamaha raptor 700's are fuel injected. However a quad is diffrent. Dirt bikes are all about a pound here and a pound there. I think the carb is still the way to go even though it is a mechanical way of delivering fuel. To put fuel injection on a dirt bike would mean to reengineer the whole dirt bike world as we know it. A good idea, but I am guessing 2010. Its inevitable. did I spell that right?

GasGas have had an injected 450 out for a few years now.

No kidding. Thats crazy. I thought that fuel injection would require a little more weight kinda like putting on an electric start. Is Gas Gas big down under?

I'm yet to see one on the trails, but the local dealer has stock so he must sell a few. The recent review said the bike wasnt the lighters or the fasters in the 450 class, but they said it was very linear and smooth, as you would expect. The only extra weight required would be a electric fuel pump, and due to the small volume required it would be small and light.

dude, i mentioned that when the 2-tracs first came out. the heck with the front just make the regular bikes hydraulic rear. you could still change gearing with the drive sprockets on the pump :D talk about smooth, put a one way clutch on the hub and you'd almost eliminate engine braking. there would then be possibilities of eliminating the clutch all together,maybe a little torque converter. suspension would work better; we just need to build a frankenbike :eek: fuel injected of course indy :D

I was very happy with my engine braking last week riding in the Colorado rockies. I always swear at it here (Indiana), but there, that would have been a :D to ride down that trail.

I'll post some pictures when I get them developed. I won't take my digital camera with me on trips like that - the disposable camera got the crap beat out of it, and the film company won't be reselling that unit to someone else. :eek:

Hey Minion did you run the Coloardo 500? :D I heard that event is a blast! :D

Hey Minion did you run the Coloardo 500? :D I heard that event is a blast! :D

Nope. I rode with a local up Red Comb Pass, and some trails in the Pike National Forest. Red Comb was pretty steep, really rocky, and really tight. For a little while up the trail its cliff wall on one side, sheer drop off on the other side, and room just for a jeep. In fact, we had to wait for a jeep to back up to a point slightly wider so we could pass. I still have my stock tires too, and those couldn't have sucked more. :D

Indiana DNR sucks; They don't know how much revenue they're missing out on, keeping us out of the state parks here. The Colorado scenery is way better too. =)

M.