HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LJ

Aftermarket clutches used with a Rekluse

10 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried using an aftermarket clutch with a Rekluse?

I just smoked my clutch last weekend and I want to get a Rekluse. Rockymountain has a complete Tusk clutch for $35 as opposed to an OEM clutch through Bikebandit for about $160.

I'm concerned that the Rekluse was designed around the stock clutch and might not work with the Tusk clutch.

Also, does anybody know where I might get a better deal on a yamaha OEM clutch if the Tusk clutch doesn't work with the Rekluse?

Thanks!

LJ

I think the Tusk clutch will work fine. Once the Rekluse is set up perfectly, it is actually easier on the fiber plates then a manual clutch. BTW I have White Brother's plates in mine and my fiancee's 250F has a Rekluse with Ferodo plates in it, they both work fine.

Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking that as long as the install gap is set correctly, it should work. However, I've never installed a Rekluse clutch so I'll guess I'll find out. For $35 for the Tusk clutch, it's worth it to see if it works.

You are right, if the installed gap is correct or in range, it should work great. The 35.00 is probably just the fibers, no steels.

I am running a rekluse with the tusk plates on a 01 426 and it is working o.k. I am having some slipping but I think that is from the oil I was using. I ride with a couple of others with rekluse/tusk combos and they are having no problems. for 35 dollars I can go through 3 tusk sets before I even approach the cost of an oem set. :applause: