Gas prices, blah!

Am I the only one who is now spending more to run the bike for a day than it used to cost to drive the truck the 100 miles to the track? Last week I paid $2.96/gallon and this hurricane surely won't help prices at all, blah! What does gas cost in your area?

In mid BC, we are paying $1.10 per litre, witch equates to over $4.00 per gal.

Yeah gas in the states is cheap compared to gas up here. Its hovering around a buck a litre right now. For some reason it seems to be less on Tuesdays.

Hate to break it to you guys.. But here in the United Arab Emirates which BTW pumps about 2.2 million Barrels of crude per day, the price of super 98 is 1.50 USD per gallon... :D

Did read something in the paper about the price going up soon. Hope it doesn't go to 2:00 dollars... :D:D

Hate to break it to you guys.. But here in the United Arab Emirates which BTW pumps about 2.2 million Barrels of crude per day, the price of super 98 is 1.50 USD per gallon... :D

Did read something in the paper about the price going up soon. Hope it doesn't go to 2:00 dollars... :D:D

Thanks for rubbing that in.

98 octane!?!? I have a feeling their octane scale might be a little different that ours.

In mid BC, we are paying $1.10 per litre, witch equates to over $4.00 per gal.

Same here. I remember when 4 years ago I was running a KDX 200 with special oil in it to keep it in shape. The Gas-oil mix was costing like 1$ per litre.

When I bought my WR I told myself: that's cool , I'll be paying $0.60 per litre instead of 1$ like my old KDX: Look what happened.

When I started to go out with my wife 7 years ago, we were paying less than 50 cents per litre and now it's 110 cents for the same litre. :eek::D:eek::D:D

A mere $2.70 a gallon for 91 here in Wyoming.

$2.49 in southern Indiana.

Here on Long Island

87 - $2.65

89 - $2.75

93 - $2.85

:D:D:D

QUOTE]

I had to look this up for comparison, but Alberta alone produces about 3 million barrels a day, and we are still paying about 95 cents a litre here. That works out to about $3.59 per US gallon, which converted to US funds at today's rate works out to $3 US/gallon. Although that's not really fair because I don't earn 1.19649 dollars for every $1 that I could earn in the US.

Anyhow, it's not that bad, they pay $6.48/gallon in Amsterdam. But in Venezuela, gas is only $0.12/gallon - now that is sweet.

Have a look here.

$6.04 per US gallon (1.3 euros per litre) here in Helsinki.

Well here in Australia - Tasmania it is currently $1.25 a litre. And talk of $1.50 by the end of the year.

Convert to US Gallon and I'm paying about $4.70.

So I guess I win :D:D:eek:

By the way company cars with fuel cards help. :D

Ooops take the winner medal back.

f-it i am going to run off of water....

Get good at drive-offs.

Thanks for rubbing that in.

98 octane!?!? I have a feeling their octane scale might be a little different that ours.

I think you might be right.

we only have 2 grades and 2 prices in the whole country.

Super is 98 as I said 1.50 per gallon

Regular is 95 and about 1.40 per gallon..

I am not sure how they do the scale but there is no leaded petrol (gas) for sale here anymore..

but Alberta alone produces about 3 million barrels a day, and we are still paying about 95 cents a litre here. Anyhow, it's not that bad, they pay $6.48/gallon in Amsterdam. But in Venezuela, gas is only $0.12/gallon - now that is sweet.

[/url].

Cedric:

Just wait till they get to full production on those tar sands.. Good ol Alberta. This is kind of making me homesick.. .

I think the government takes a royalty on those oil revenues there so your fantastic schools, roads and hospitals should now get even better. That is if the Feds don't try to steal it... hahah..

$2.79 a gallon for standard unleaded here in north Idaho, $2.99 for premium for the bike.

Dont know how good you got it.Try about 4.50 pounds a gallon of unleaded.Think thats about 7.94 us dollars in ENGLAND.And your tracks are better.