crossed back over to the dark side!

ok, dont rip me too bad....but.....i just sold my yz450f to a buddy and came home with a '06 yz 250 2-smoker.

i still love that 450, but i ride in a lot of very tight trails and i wanted to give a lightweight 250 a try to see if it would work any better. rode it for the first time today and wow, what a difference. the aluminum framed 250 is very nimble and feels like im riding a 125 as opposed to the 450. the bad thing....no more instant-on wheel lifting power for those obstacles that appear right around the corner. no mass amounts of hill climbing torque (altho the 250 had no problems getting me to the top of all the hills we came across) and its not gonna be as easy to roost my buddies with a mud and gravel sandwich! :D the other thing i noticed was that i wasnt nearly as tired after riding one of our normal loops as i usually was on the 450, even while trying to get acclimated to the new bike. :D

anyways, ill still be trollin around here and thx to all for the help and tips ive recieved here in the past.

Good for you. I rode YZ 250's from '81-'02, then the 4 stroke reveloution took over! I love the looks of the '06!

I rode mostly moto w/ mine, but had luck w/flywheel weights for woods riding. Call Zip-TY for more info. You may want to have the suspension revalved for the woods. Check out the Sept Dirt Bike mag, there was an article on an '05 woods racer!

ok, dont rip me too bad....but.....i just sold my yz450f to a buddy and came home with a '06 yz 250 2-smoker.

i still love that 450, but i ride in a lot of very tight trails and i wanted to give a lightweight 250 a try to see if it would work any better. rode it for the first time today and wow, what a difference. the aluminum framed 250 is very nimble and feels like im riding a 125 as opposed to the 450. the bad thing....no more instant-on wheel lifting power for those obstacles that appear right around the corner. no mass amounts of hill climbing torque (altho the 250 had no problems getting me to the top of all the hills we came across) and its not gonna be as easy to roost my buddies with a mud and gravel sandwich! :D the other thing i noticed was that i wasnt nearly as tired after riding one of our normal loops as i usually was on the 450, even while trying to get acclimated to the new bike. :D

anyways, ill still be trollin around here and thx to all for the help and tips ive recieved here in the past.

how could you im ashamed :D

Pics please!

nothing at all to be ashamed of...the YZ250 is an awesome bike. Most people don't know what they are missing out on. There will be plenty of time for thumpers later..... :D

122cf91a.jpg