HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterdog3

changed out front and rear springs.....

3 posts in this topic

04WR450- 6'1,230LB's

Well I changed out my rear shock spring and "YES" you can change it without removing it from the bike. My race sag with the stock spring was 140, so I went with a 6.2 The best i could get out of it was 112-114 race sag and that was with only 20mm of static sag. So I will be sending it back for a 6.4.. And then there are the front fork springs.....the Susp. guy recommended that I go with 50's on the front. Went to change them out, took old 46's out and went to put the new 50's in and they would not go but maybe 8-9 inches into the tubes. Took them out put old ones back in just fine....took old ones out and new ones would not go in.....So needlessly to say, I will be sending everything back. SO WILL 50's EVEN FIT A 04 WR450???????

any thoughts or suggestion's???