HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crabtree426

Help, just added Hotcams and........

6 posts in this topic

I just took my 2000 YZF426 for my first spin since having the HotCams intake and auto decompression cam installed and something is wrong. When holding the throttle at a set position (say 1/3rd of the way pulled back) it sputters and lightly jerks. My initial thought is that it's not getting enough fuel. I also added the Acerbis 3.2 gallon tank at the same time and the hose route is weird. Need opinions, thanks.

At a third throttle the needle is becoming the most influential jetting component, although the slide cutout and the pilot circuit are still affecting it at that point, too. You can experiment with needle position and see if that helps. Raising the needle (by lowering the position of the clip) makes it richer.

I just took my 2000 YZF426 for my first spin since having the HotCams intake and auto decompression cam installed and something is wrong. When holding the throttle at a set position (say 1/3rd of the way pulled back) it sputters and lightly jerks. My initial thought is that it's not getting enough fuel. I also added the Acerbis 3.2 gallon tank at the same time and the hose route is weird. Need opinions, thanks.

I think you should try draining the carb and flushing the tank out too. Sometimes new fuel tanks have plastic shavings in them from the factory. You may just have some shavings floating around and getting stuck in the jets.

At a third throttle the needle is becoming the most influential jetting component, although the slide cutout and the pilot circuit are still affecting it at that point, too. You can experiment with needle position and see if that helps. Raising the needle (by lowering the position of the clip) makes it richer.

The bike ran perfectly fine before the install and it's actually sputtering at any throttle position. Any other suggestions.

I think you should try draining the carb and flushing the tank out too. Sometimes new fuel tanks have plastic shavings in them from the factory. You may just have some shavings floating around and getting stuck in the jets.

Good point except I hosed the tank out and let it dry before installing it.

You may be a tooth off on the cam timing and or did you put bigger jets in it! It will jerk and sputter when it's rich on the hose's correct way is over the intake so it will siphon the petcock is lower that the carb.