HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadcam

4 Strokes gets Even !! ... pics

13 posts in this topic

awhile back, I posted a pic of my bobbed and drilled XR650L front fender here, and on 4Strokes.com .... I never gave it a thought about the THUMPERTALK front fender decal ... I promptly was scolded by 4-Strokes for showing that decal ... now, I see they Photo-Shopped their logo onto it ... OK with me, thought they did a good job, but strikes me as pretty funny ... sure hope they can sleep at night now .... here's the 'Before and After' pics

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/roadcam/baaef531.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/roadcam/XR650Lfenderretagged.jpg

:D

I see they even brightened up my too-dark pic ... good work

lol

Why do it halfway? A little paranoid, IMO but I guess they're entitled to do what they want on their site. Did they tell you they were going to do it?

no, it was a surprise ... but the guy over there seems like a good sort, he helped me with my avatar, and seems to know his way around graphic files ... Im not offended at all, .. just thought it was funny, I didn't know ThumperTalk is considered 'competition' ... :D

That site is known for that. They've booted people just for mentioning another site there. I go maybe once or twice a month now, if that. They really need to calm down. Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

i rarely visit 4strokes.com, it used to be hondaxr.com

they are pricks over there. way too up tight.

i rarely visit 4strokes.com, it used to be hondaxr.com

they are pricks over there. way too up tight.

LMFAO, you probably just got banned. I think their lead mod is a member over here, go figure!

Thats funny... Last month somebody asked where to get engine work done on their XR in So. Cal. I tried to recommend Barnum. When I submitted my reply it showed up as "not allowed Pro Products". I got an email from the admin saying that they don't allow his (Rob Barnum) name to be posted on their website. Weird. :D

Thats funny... Last month somebody asked where to get engine work done on their XR in So. Cal. I tried to recommend Barnum. When I submitted my reply it showed up as "not allowed Pro Products". I got an email from the admin saying that they don't allow his (Rob Barnum) name to be posted on their website. Weird. :D

No that is the norm there. It can get a lot worse.......He thinks it's a money this and if you bring up another name or group "He" is loosing money. Flat out with that attitude you chase buyers away.

I got banned from them too :D

The guy who modified your picture did a great job with the pic and the logo :D. I'm guessing it was done in good fun unless it was done by Lloyd.

Lloyd is a fag. I was very active there until a couple years ago he banned about 20 of us for just joining another forum that had been started by a couple guys Lloyd had a spat with.