HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRsteve

Supertrapp IDS on 650L

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

I run the Supertrapp IDS2 on my 650L ... barely louder than the stock muffler ... much lighter, definitely better appearance, and very well-constructed .. comes with 12 discs, but instructions mention anything more than 6 discs is un-needed, as quiet core only passes equivalent of 6 ... runs great, and much lower priced than most others ... got mine at rockymountainmc :D

My DRZ farts through an IDS2 and the difference was very noticeable on such a restricted bike.

Oddly, it made my bike MUCH louder than stock. I have 8 discs in it as I bought mine used and that's all that came with it. Over 6 and you have to use longer screws than originally supplied.

Alot lighter. I paid 35% of retail for a new one, so when I say I think it's a good buy, take that into account.

I run 8 discs, (even though it says more than 6 changes nothing, I figure when the packing starts deterioating, that may help) .. mine 'farted' after installation, too ... but opening up my low-speed jet a bit more, and the larger mainjet cured that ... all-around good pipe :D

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

I also have the White Bros. exhaust , love it. It is much louder than stock and will set off car alarms when cruising by them. I dont mind especially when its the owners of the cars/trucks who like bumping thier tunes all night :D

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

Well made, decent sound, tuneable, fairly inexpensive & lightweight with good low-end performance. Can't ask for much more from one of the first companies to make slip-ons for Thumpers. :D