Supertrapp IDS on 650L

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

I run the Supertrapp IDS2 on my 650L ... barely louder than the stock muffler ... much lighter, definitely better appearance, and very well-constructed .. comes with 12 discs, but instructions mention anything more than 6 discs is un-needed, as quiet core only passes equivalent of 6 ... runs great, and much lower priced than most others ... got mine at rockymountainmc :D

My DRZ farts through an IDS2 and the difference was very noticeable on such a restricted bike.

Oddly, it made my bike MUCH louder than stock. I have 8 discs in it as I bought mine used and that's all that came with it. Over 6 and you have to use longer screws than originally supplied.

Alot lighter. I paid 35% of retail for a new one, so when I say I think it's a good buy, take that into account.

I run 8 discs, (even though it says more than 6 changes nothing, I figure when the packing starts deterioating, that may help) .. mine 'farted' after installation, too ... but opening up my low-speed jet a bit more, and the larger mainjet cured that ... all-around good pipe :D

im runnin yoshi on my 1998xr650l.......to bad they discontinued it.

I can't comment on that but I run the E-Series form White Bros. It is louder than stock but not enough to piss off my neighbor at 7:30am. It helps having the tuning ability with the discs (albeit only a small amount).

I also have the White Bros. exhaust, love it. It is much louder than stock and will set off car alarms when cruising by them. I dont mind especially when its the owners of the cars/trucks who like bumping thier tunes all night :D

Have you removed the smog kit that helps with the farting. E-series is quite nice

It is the only pipe I have used for the last 20 years, completely tunable. :D

I'm looking at a quiet series Supertrapp IDS for my 99 XR650L. Has anybody used one on their 650L? I need something quiet enough for the street but with a little more power than stock.

Well made, decent sound, tuneable, fairly inexpensive & lightweight with good low-end performance. Can't ask for much more from one of the first companies to make slip-ons for Thumpers. :D