Hot vs cold spark plugs

This isn't a yz question but I'm sure you guys can still answer it. How does the temp of a spark plug affect the running of a 2smoke motor? I have EZ Go golf cart that I've lifted and put quad tires on and run around the desert in. I'm asking because it's a 250 2smoke and when I got it it didn't run so I rebuilt it put a plug in out of my old KX250. It has alwats run great but I've had the same plug in for a long time and I think it's time to replace it. I got the numbers for the plug that is supposed to be in it but they have a cold and a hot option. How will these 2 plugs affect the engine? I've never had a problem with it fouling plugs and would like to keep it that way as long as possible. Thanks,

Khris

------------------

When in doubt, GAS IT!

what is in it and what is SUPPOSED to be in it?

what color is the plug, burn wise?

------------------

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

It's been running for about a year on a spare plug for my old KX250. It's jet black. I'm at work so I can't tell you what is exactly in it but I think it was a NGK B8ES I looked online at some golf cart places and they say it should be a NGK BP6HS for cold or a BP4HS for hot. I run it in SoCal deserts mostly at night as a drunk toy when it's 40-60 degrees. Bikes don't make good drunk toys but golf carts do!! I also would never just throw a random plug in my bike but hey, it was a free golf cart and it runs great on this plug. I'm just curious how it would run on the right plug!!

------------------

When in doubt, GAS IT!

[This message has been edited by sirhk100 (edited 03-15-2001).]

Waaaaay too rich right now. As the number goes down, the heat goes UP. 4 is hotter than the 6. I would think your KX had a B8EV. The standard plug should be a B9EV. I have always run the B8EV's in 2 YZ250's, a

YZ465 and my CR250 Honda, due to humidity levels east of the Mississippi.

Well if it has been running over a year with that KX plug... then it can't be all bad.

But if the KX plug is an 8... and they recommend either a 4 or a 6... then I would certainly stick with a 6... or maybe a 7.

Wow... 2 stroke golf cart advice on the WR 4 stroke bike forum!

For what its worth... some guys had a Yamaha golf cart on my lake every week this winter and would ride all over on it.. with as many as 5 people in it.... just having fun.

kev

all plugs except CHAMPION! they go the other way!

Taffy