HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLY4STROKES

Street Legal YZ250F?

11 posts in this topic

What exactly would I have to do to make my YZ250F street legal? I've been thinking about it lately so I can save some money on gas and whatnot. I know I have to get a stator to power the lights and turn signals right? About how much will it cost me to street-legalize my YZ? Thanks for any input.

Well, I think that every aftermarket company I've seen only has 40 watt stators. I don't know if that is enough to power street legal lights in Nevada. You may have to go with a WR flywheel and stator. I think that will be the hardest part. I've heard that the Peirreli (sp?) Scorpions are some of the best street legal tires. Also, you may want to contact Baja Designs for lighting info on what it will take and they will also do it for you. I've heard of great results from them.

You may want to stop by your local Department of Transportation to see if you can even make a YZF street legal in your Sate. This should be the first thing you do. It would suck to spend money on the lights just to learn that they will not let you register the bike for the street.

OR just throw the motard rims and tires on the yzf and call it a day. if the boys are around...just dont stop :D

If it is legal to register for the street, what are you doing about a kickstand? Will the yz frame accept a kickstand?

If it is legal to register for the street, what are you doing about a kickstand? Will the yz frame accept a kickstand?

Yes, it will. Another problem I'm thinking of is how to lock it up? It doesn't have a key you know...

Yes, it will. Another problem I'm thinking of is how to lock it up? It doesn't have a key you know...

bike lock...sprocket to frame

Baja Designs EZ Mount Kit -$465,

WR stator - $150

WR Flywheel - $150

Kick stand - $85

Tires - $120

Total $970

For the money you will put into it, buy a used street bike or pick up an old XT350. The 350 wont over heat