HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigdrtrdr

Brighter headlight for WRs

12 posts in this topic

A while back Dirt Rider Mag. Did a story on lighting and said the WR could support a brighter Xenon type bulb in the stock light fixture.

Anyone have the part # or brand?

Thanks

Eric

I put a Acerbis dual halogen light on my WR and it is very bright. I think that DHH also makes a dual halogen light for bikes also. Both lights are rated at 35w/35w. I spent a lot of time riding in Mexico with that light and it worked great!!!!!!!!!

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

PIAA H4 SUPER PLASMA GT-X, 60/55w = 135/125w

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

This bulb is incredible it puts out so much light. It is a 10V bulb that was designed to be run at 12V. This is how this bulb seams like a 135w bulb. I can't say enough about this. It plugs right in to the stock head light and you can get them almost any where. They come in a pack of two so go in with a buddie. I paid $60 for the pair off ebay. Do a google search and you will find lots of places to buy. You will not be disapointed with it! :D

Sounds good but I ride on the road and already get flashed by drivers alot because they think I have a "high beam" on. Even though light correctly aimed... Imagine the 135W effect. :D

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

Ditto. I put a Sylvania in mine this year. Same bulbs I run in my car. Much brighter than stock and I think it was only 15 bucks at Murray's.

Got the PIAA bulb, Holly Crap is that thing bright!

It has to be 4-5 times as bright as the stocker.

Well worth the $$ for the night rider in me.

Eric