Brighter headlight for WRs

A while back Dirt Rider Mag. Did a story on lighting and said the WR could support a brighter Xenon type bulb in the stock light fixture.

Anyone have the part # or brand?

Thanks

Eric

I put a Acerbis dual halogen light on my WR and it is very bright. I think that DHH also makes a dual halogen light for bikes also. Both lights are rated at 35w/35w. I spent a lot of time riding in Mexico with that light and it worked great!!!!!!!!!

This was just a bulb swap.

Anyone?

Found It!

Baja designs PN 130023 80/80 H4 PIAA Superwhite. 36.95

No modifications Nessesary

Eric

$37 for a bulb? :D

Let us know how it works.

$37 for a bulb?
:D:D:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:p:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;):cool::cool::cool::cool: I think I would ride in the dark. :D

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

PIAA H4 SUPER PLASMA GT-X, 60/55w = 135/125w

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

This bulb is incredible it puts out so much light. It is a 10V bulb that was designed to be run at 12V. This is how this bulb seams like a 135w bulb. I can't say enough about this. It plugs right in to the stock head light and you can get them almost any where. They come in a pack of two so go in with a buddie. I paid $60 for the pair off ebay. Do a google search and you will find lots of places to buy. You will not be disapointed with it! :D

Cool advise, I went to the PIAA sight. I sure looks like the right setup.

Sounds good but I ride on the road and already get flashed by drivers alot because they think I have a "high beam" on. Even though light correctly aimed... Imagine the 135W effect. :D

I just put in a Silvania (sp?) Silverstar H4 bulb. Got it at Autozone for $22. Used it for a night race a couple weeks ago. Much brighter than stock and worked pretty well. Not nearly as bright as the guys running the dual Baja systems. But I only do a couple night races a year and can't justify the big bucks for the Baja setup.

Jerry

Ditto. I put a Sylvania in mine this year. Same bulbs I run in my car. Much brighter than stock and I think it was only 15 bucks at Murray's.

Got the PIAA bulb, Holly Crap is that thing bright!

It has to be 4-5 times as bright as the stocker.

Well worth the $$ for the night rider in me.

Eric