HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanb1

06 Yz450

14 posts in this topic

I have been expecting to see some discussion on the recent Dirt Bike article on the 06 450. No weight change even with the new frame. But the weight is has been dropped considerably lower in the frame. Motor has been redesigned to include an oil reservoir at the front of the motor (one of the reasons for little weight change). If Yamaha has done their homework, the bike should be a lot easier to ride. :D What do you think?

Does anyone know for a fact that the 06 will have the same gear ratios in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears as the four speed? I read this somewhere and would love for this to be true, I love my four speed!

I love my 4 speed as well. Reed, Ferry and DV even run 3 speeds at some of the nationals! I am switching to a 47 tooth rear sprocket to use 2nd and 3rd gear more. :D

They also reported that the YZ450 would not get an aluminum frame or any other changes just before Yamaha released the 06. I bet it will be around 229 when the mags test and weigh it!

I learned today the 450 is available not earlier than December, and that the yellow SE-version is not available in Europe, only in U.S. :D:D If I'm wrong, somebody correct me hey european bros.

here is my advice....don't sit around waiting...be riding the crap out of what ever bike you have now....that way when you get your 06 you will be in shape and used to going fast on a heavier feeling bike.

Then you will get on the 06, get it dialed in and haul butt! :D

I love my 4 speed as well. Reed, Ferry and DV even run 3 speeds at some of the nationals! I am switching to a 47 tooth rear sprocket to use 2nd and 3rd gear more. :D

I'm so sure! You MUST be mistaken, thinking about when Ferry's 426 had 4 gears instead of 5. . . POSSIBLY 3 gears for SX, but outdoors. . .

They also reported that the YZ450 would not get an aluminum frame or any other changes just before Yamaha released the 06. I bet it will be around 229 when the mags test and weigh it!

I doubt it... The 05 YZF 450 weighed in at 220lbs...(Dry weight) I bet the new 06 will be around 219 or hopefully less....The 05 CRF 450 dry weight is 218.5.

Heck 229lbs is approaching the weight of my 00 426! I hope the 06 is much lighter than that! :D

Motor has been redesigned to include an oil reservoir at the front of the motor

I thought it was really odd they did this. This design looses a significant amount of cooling capability and adds bulk to the engine.