'87 Xl600r Dual Carb Question

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RESTORE THIS BIKE AND THEN SOME FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS :D . I FINALLY HAD IT ALL BACK TOGETHER THIS PAST WEEKEND UNTIL I FOUND OUT THAT I COULDN'T FIND THE AIR SCREW. THERE IS A HOLE ON THE LEFT SIDE WHERE THE AIR SCREW IS SUPPOSED TO BE, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE SEALED WITH NO EVIDENCE OF A THREAD SUGGESTING THAT THE AIR SCREW SHOULD GO IN THERE. ANYWAY, I FOUND A VERY SMALL ADJUSTABLE SCREW WITH SPRING ON THE OUTSIDE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CARB :D NO, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DRAIN SCREW! MY QUESTION IS, IS THIS THE AIR SCREW? I CAN'T TELL SINCE I CAN'T START THE BIKE RIGHT NOW EVEN WITH A GOOD SPARK AND FUEL PRESENT. THAT IS ANOTHER QUESTION... THANKS!

As far as I can recall only one carb had a air mixture adj. the other is the secondary carb and looked untapped.

Hi mate - well yes it should be on the left hand carb. I have a 85 twin carb xr. Acording to the manual some markets had blanking plates put over the pilot screw, It's called anti tamper or somthing. not sure if the screw is behind it?

the air screw is on the bottom of the left hand carb. the xl has an anti-tamper device on in that only lets you turn it 1/4 turn each way.

Come To Found Out That The '83 Model Of The Xl600r Has An Air Screw And The Later Models Have A Fuel Screw At The Bottom Of The Carb. My Bike Starts On Occasion Then Dies After A Minute Or Two. What Could Be The Problem? I Just Went Over The Carbs! Has A Good Spark And Fuel Is In The Carbs. Messed With The Decompression Too. It May Be The Valve Or Ignition Timing. What Do You Guys Think? Thanks!

How long has it been since it ran?

It Was Running Before I Had The Engine Rebuilt. New Bore, New Piston, Valve Job, New Cam And Chain... It Just Won't Start Long Enough For Me To Take It For A Test Drive. I.m Sure It Is An Adjustment Problem Somewhere... Valves? Jetting? Electrical? Thanks!

Will the bike start back up after it stalls out or do you have to let it sit for a while?