YZ suspension preferences for the woods

I'm posting this here instead of the suspension forum cause my question is "YZ" specific. For all you guys weighing in at around 215lbs and riding a YZ426 on the trails, whats your prefered suspension clicks for forks and shock? I can't seem to smooth mine out and still keep that good hook-up feel at the same time. I'm really getting beat around way too much for my age. :D

I weigh 225#s and have stiffer springs but run my clickers all the way out on all settings. Without re-valving for the woods,offroad, this works pretty good. I like my suspension a little stiff. BTW the heavier springs do not make it harsher; for my weight it actually keeps it in the soft part of the stroke.

I weigh 225#s and have stiffer springs but run my clickers all the way out on all settings. Without re-valving for the woods,offroad, this works pretty good. I like my suspension a little stiff. BTW the heavier springs do not make it harsher; for my weight it actually keeps it in the soft part of the stroke.

Did you change out your springs, front and rear????

when i change springs, i change the valving - well pro-action does :D

IMO thats what you'll need to do to get it right.

Hey Goose, a revalve and springs did wonders for my WR and the YZ's are even stiffer so I am sure it would help. At least a revalve. Where are you in NC?

Hey Goose, a revalve and springs did wonders for my WR and the YZ's are even stiffer so I am sure it would help. At least a revalve. Where are you in NC?

I bought my YZ426 used and the previous owner put Racetech springs up front, but I don't know if he re-valved or not. I though I might take it to Neelys in Spartanburg to have it checked out. Oh....and I live near Asheville BTW.

There's a good shop here in Hickory if you want the #. Motoworks

There's a good shop here in Hickory if you want the #. Motoworks

Sure.....thanks, I could always just call to compare costs.

Sure.....thanks, I could always just call to compare costs.

His name is Wyatt, 828/322-7223. Jim Chester is his partner. One of them will answer the phone. Never hurts to compare at least.

I am 6'6" 230, no spring change for me makes the bike really stiff, what you need to do is change the shim stack (revalve). I just did mine, and it made a tremendous difference I ride woods and mx, so I went with the idea of improving the two functions of the overall action for both types of riding. High speed dampning (woods) and low speed (mx) I added 4 shims on the forks (can't remember what size) and went with a 50/50 blend of Bellray HV1 and Mobil Syn ATF for a total weight of 6, and filled them to the max volume. Huge difference, I mean huge! Rear shock 3-5 shims same fluid fresh nitrogen, huge difference! Lots of people try to click their way to a finer suspension it just didn't work for me. Avoid a spring change, just go ahead and revalve.