HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike_dean

Wis, trail closing?

6 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor from a very reliable source that Black River Falls trails will be closed to bikes this year, only ATV's can ride there. Has anybody else heard this? mike

Thats the first I've heard,what is your source? Are they closing the ATV trails to bikes? Or are they closing the bike trails? The latter I could believe, because of erosion problems. I am going to call Jackson county for more info.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

Dave, I heard this from the Matco tool man, who rides atvs, he knows somebody from the state atv club who went to a state hearing. He said that only state lisc. atvs would be able to ride there. I hope it is just a bad rumor, but they have been talking about this for quite a while. mike

HI Mike,

I called the Jackson Cty DNR office and talked to them, and then was refferred to the Jackson Cty Forestry service, and talked to them. Here's the scoop. The Motorcycle loops are closed. The ATV trails are open to both ATV and motorcycles as long as bikes buy the Jackson county trail sticker.(Same as always). I asked who made the decision to close the motorcycle trails and their reasoning. I was told that the Jackson County board made the decision due to environmental and misuse of trail issues. Both very lame excuses. I didn't realize that half of the trails up there are county owned, not State owned.It is a shame, becuase the bike trails were world class, and the ATV trails are not much fun on a bike. My gut tells me that Crawford Hills will be closed soon,as well as the Jackson County ATV trails.It looks like I will be riding a lot more in Illinois this year.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

There are some great trails in the U.P.

It is a drive, but they are lightly ridden and very picturesque.

We had a map of all the trail heads at one time...

They are just that, trails that start off of these country roads, tight, technical, and fun.

Man it is a shame that they closed jackson county down.