HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grayracer513

any stock fork springs?

15 posts in this topic

Anyone out there have a pair of original '04 YZ450F fork springs, or an aftermarket pair of .46's?

'04's only please, earlier ones won't work.

Thanks,

...but I am curious what project you're working on now?
If you must know, I'm building a huge ball point pen. :D

Actually, I am putting together a set of 48mm forks for my 450, but they came from a YZ250F, so they have .42 springs in them. I need .46's.

If you must know, I'm building a huge ball point pen. :D

Actually, I am putting together a set of 48mm forks for my 450, but they came from a YZ250F, so they have .42 springs in them. I need .46's.

Gray, there is a set of 05' forks on ebay right now if you are interested- I think they said the forks came off of a 450 as well. I just saw them earlier today. :D

Well, dang. There was a pair of those up when I bought the '04s, but the guy had a $600 start bid then. Just goes to show patience is a virtue (that I still am a little short of) :D

I have a pair of 46's out of a 04WR450 that you can have for $20.00. less than 400 miles of trail riding on them. I switched out to a set of 50's

gray,

I have the factory ones out of my 05 450 laying around. I think they are the same as 04's If they are the same let me know and I will make you a deal on those. Send me a PM or something.

Later

i've got a pair of stockers off my 05 yz250 (2-smoke) ... virtually no miles on 'em ... not sure if they'd work ... but i got some

Were the '04 WR's 48mm or 46mm fork tubes?

o4 wr's were definately 46mm,and any 05 yz will not fit(whole different fork although they are 48mm),only 04 yz,and 05wr :D