HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wc426mx

Best fuel mixture screw?

8 posts in this topic

I second the Zip-Ty, I installed mine last week and with all the Humidity, as soon as I adjusted it the bike got it's "hit" back again and is yanking the front wheel back off the ground like it used to do. Before adjusting it, it was acting a little "boggy" and was too rich, running piggish. Now I'm very happy again.

Don

Is the Zip Ty screw that much better than the other two (worth the extra $)? I've heard of some screws working themselves out of the carbs. Any truth to this? Thanks.

I'm about to buy an air/fuel mixture screw for easier carb adjustments. I've narrowed it down to these three:

Pit Posse fuel screw

Woodward Specialties fuel screw

Zip Ty Racing fuel screw

I don't know which would be the best buy. Anyone know from experience which would be best? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm curious to how you 'narrowed it down' :D I have the SCR. I bought it because it was in stock at the accessory store I shop at. I like it because it has 4 flat sides and 4 small flat corners. Makes the counting easier for me.

I have heard of some people having screws back out due to vibration. The common wisdom is to stretch the spring just slightly before you install it, and this will provide extra tension to keep that sucker from backing out. I stretched mine just a hair before I installed mine, no problems yet.

Don

I'm curious to how you 'narrowed it down' :D I have the SCR. I bought it because it was in stock at the accessory store I shop at. I like it because it has 4 flat sides and 4 small flat corners. Makes the counting easier for me.

Those 3 were replacement screws, and all looked pretty nice. I decided that I'd pick one of the three, unless I found something else better. If you call that "narrowing down." :D