yz450!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey my yz450 (05) is in the paper for sale. i am asking 5600 for it. is that still too much? it only has like 15 hours on it. scotts triple clamp, stabolizer, pro taper. pretty much brand spankin new. i mean, if you bought this at the dealer with taxes and stuff, most likeley you would be financing like 7 grand. so 5600 doesnt sound that much. but i saw a 05 crf for 5000 so im like does 5600 sound ok ? anybody?

ya i know so thats why i was like dang thats a way better deal then mine. i hate when you place an ad in the paper and there is like the same bike for like a couple hundred cheaper. that happens to me like every time

To give you an idea I spent 5500 OTD on my 04' July of 04', mind you that was in Idaho. The extras are nice but if someone can buy new for the same price as your bike they will go for a new bike, IMO. You may want to go like 5100 OBO, and be one hell of a salesman. :D

If you want to sell the bike you probably need to ask around 4000 to 4500 range, not the answer you wanted. The new '06 YZFs have driven the value of the '03-'05's way down, think I may keep my '05 for awhile longer...maybe ;-).

i guess im thinkin in the 5000 range. anything lower then that wud be crazy for an 05 only 3 months old. 5000 is a good deal i think. the dealer was gonna give me 4800 to trade in. so i should be able to get more than that from a private party sale you know :D

Yep, I'm thinking $4000-4500 too...

Strip off all of the aftermarket parts and sell them seperately. They'll go quickly and you can usually get 50-70% of what you paid for them back when you sell. Then lowball the bike as low as you can afford to go with it. You're going to have to take it in the ass when you sell it if you want someone to buy it.

My experience is that aftermarket parts do not add to the value of a bike. They are simply like the icing on the cake to help a buyer decide to buy yours. Personally, I would a completely stock bike before one that was modded and full of aftermarket parts. With those two choices, the stock bike has likely been ridden easier, and afterall, the motor is what everyone is worried about.

I got my '04 in '04 brand new for $4900.

I am not really sure why you want to sell it but a second hand off road bike.....

Worth way more to you than to any potential buyer..

For reasons stated on this post but also because maintenance is so important and nobody really knows what you have done...

Sell the aftermarket parts here or on EBAY. Unfortuantely, the market for your bike is i the $4K-$4.5K range if you're lucky. There are dealers in the Mid-Atlantic selling these for $5K OTD. I think Yamaha is offering a $500 cash back bonus. Hence, the lower OTD cost.

hey my yz450 (05) is in the paper for sale. i am asking 5600 for it. is that still too much? it only has like 15 hours on it. scotts triple clamp, stabolizer, pro taper. pretty much brand spankin new. i mean, if you bought this at the dealer with taxes and stuff, most likeley you would be financing like 7 grand. so 5600 doesnt sound that much. but i saw a 05 crf for 5000 so im like does 5600 sound ok ? anybody?

Are you selling it for any specific reason?

Are you selling it for any specific reason?

I bet ya he is eying an 06' like everyone else. Myself, I think I will try to buy those aftermarkes radiators that lower the center of gravity. My bike is an 04' and I am still tinkering with setups, I don't want to quit now. I will keep it for anther two years and then get a new one.

Your bike may only be 3 months old on paper, but in 4 months it will appear to be 1 year old....its a used dirt bike.

This is why you SHOULDNT finance dirt bikes.

I agree 100%...

After all, everyone just has $6000 laying around the house, why not use it to buy new bikes with? :D

There's nothing wrong with finacing bikes, you just need to make sure you get a good deal on them when you do...

you finance when you want something and dont have the money. im sellin it because believe it or not i want the yfz 450 quad cuz i think they are so freakin sick. i like to go dune riding and i get too worn out on my bike. and plus i cant afford to get hurt i am tryin to get a house right now and if i lost my job due to an injury i would be screwed. actually in 2 years of riding bikes ive never been hurt. knock on wood. but all my buddies have like messed up knees and messed up backs and crap. and plus the yfz can handle pretty much any jump as the yz at the track (with stock susp and even better with aftermarket) but ya everyone here prolly thinks im crazy. :D:D

I agree 100%...

After all, everyone just has $6000 laying around the house, why not use it to buy new bikes with? :D

There's nothing wrong with finacing bikes, you just need to make sure you get a good deal on them when you do...

You WOULD have $6000 laying around the house if you just paid YOURSELF the $300 per month for just short of 2 years.

Think about that, no paperwork, no HIDEOUS finance charges and no hassle.

Or you can buy it NOW and pay some mook $300 per month for 5 years or whatever you agree to. Then your $6000 dirt bike is actually costing you more like $8000. Does that really make sense in the long run?

Why don't people understand this most basic of finance principals?

I'm personally eying up the 06 450 anniversary model with the retro yellow plastics. So if someone is considering a brand new one, why would they spend almost as much as a new one for a used one? Everyone is different. Myself I would not pay more than 2500 for a used bike no matter the year. If I am going over 2500, I may as well go all out and buy brand new. That is only my opinion. I think if you find the right buyer, you could get 4500 for it.

Gotta love that 06 though!!!! :D