HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jetsprint2

Lets see those YZF's

31 posts in this topic

Nice bike...

I'll get some pics on as soon as I get my new seat cover and decals...

By the way, where did you get thet Carbon pipe guard?

I've been looking for exactly that for ages...!!!

Oh and, HI!!!

I'm new and I think I've found the right place to be hanging around...

I ride a 2002 426...

Hiya'all

Nice bike...

I'll get some pics on as soon as I get my new seat cover and decals...

By the way, where did you get thet Carbon pipe guard?

I've been looking for exactly that for ages...!!!

Oh and, HI!!!

I'm new and I think I've found the right place to be hanging around...

I ride a 2002 426...

Hiya'all

France, cool man welcome to the forum. I got my pipe guard on Ebay, if you look it up in the ebay search I bet you will find one. They are a nice addition.

Here is mine. It's actually going up for sale this week. I will be replacing the white plastics and white tank with the original stock plastics and blue tank, and selling the White Plastics and Graphics along with the tank as a complete kit.

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

I am purchasing an 06 YZF450, and in the meantime, someone will be allowing me to use their CRF450 for riding. I just got the bike back from the Performance shop, got a $200 bill to prove it, and seeing how they just went through the entire bike, from top to bottom, front to back, and gave it a clean bill of health, I dont want to jepordize the condition it is in. Plus it has a brand new OEM Top end with ZERO hours on it. Along with the rebuild, it also has a new Timing Chain. There are a ton of extra's that I have for it, including plastics, the Stock 426 Cam, Titanium footpegs, White Bro E-Series Exhaust , the Black Excel Rims, New from Wheel Bearings, New Fork Seals and dust seals, new Steering stem races and bearing top and bottom, Powder Coated Gunmetal Gray frame, New rear Custom Spade cut sprocket with new DID O-Ring chain, the "Real" Power Now and not a self mod, Uni Filter, and Im sure I have a few extra things laying around for it...

Man....you are lucky, i wish i could sell my bike and get the 06 but ive realized its just not gonna happen. i have roughly the same amount of money you have in yours but your bike looks way nicer. i would like to think i could get 4k for mine but that will be a cold day in hell when i sell it for that. ill prolly be stuck with my bike for another 9 months to a year before i have the money to upgrade and by which that time my bikes value will be way lower then what it is now.

I was hashing out what I wanted for the bike and I settle for listing it for $2700, which seems reasonable seeing it has a new top end (OEM) and timing chain, and has a clean bill of health from the performance shop, plus all the extra goodies. It has truly been a great bike to learn on since moving up from a 97 CR250, which will soon be for sale also, as soon as I get my new motor from Weisco, which will be a 2001 Kit motor. :D

Jetsprint2,

What brand of graphics are on the tank?

They are made by enjoy mfg. :D I think they are a nice clean looking graphic. I bought mine on ebay for $45, tank and shroud only.

They are made by enjoy mfg. :D I think they are a nice clean looking graphic. I bought mine on ebay for $45, tank and shroud only.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for them. :D

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for them. :D

BEWARE of the guy that sells these graphics on Ebay. If it's the same guy I dealt with, his name was luckydevil. Some people have no problems, but some people have major problems. I got screwed and so have many others. :D Read his feedback. You will notice a pattern in his negative responses. Zero communication, doesn't ship product and screws you with negative feedback of his own. Here's a TT thread from a while back discussing this very thing.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133113

It's up to you. Like I said, some people like jetsprint2 seem to have no problems, but I would say it's a risky proposition.