HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REBELEX

my new ride !!!

15 posts in this topic

just picked up my new bike this week. found an 00' YZ426 in immaculate condition. So new it still had original tyres, grips, warning stickers on the guards etc. It makes awsome power compared to my old wr400 :D

One thing though, the clutch has a really heavy pull to it ( like a 4 finger grab) and its really jerky on release. So i think the 01' clutch mod will fix it. So is this an expensive mod to do ??? and can an average home mechanic (me) change it over without too many hassles ? I read a post by cowboy on how he did it and it seemed pretty straight forward. are there any links with pics on this anywhere. i cant find em in here

:D

I've been doing the lever mod and I'm happy with the results. The only problem is that they are more prone to break off near the perch, and when you do actually break one, you have to go through the trouble of making a new one. On the plus side, its not a permanent mod so going back to stock is as easy as buying a new lever. The extra modulation that is gained by the lever mod also might help smooth out some of that perceived grabbyness of the clutch too.

Congratulations, and yes do the '01 clutch mod, should cost around $200. Hopefully the bike hasn't been sitting forever...if it has you'll have to do alot of work to get it operating properly.

that lever mod doesn't sound too bad either. cause of the currency difference i suppose over here in Oz it'll be round $350 :D

the bike got used every now and again but it runs sweet and starts 1st kick.

thanks for replying back

peace

That's cool...

My friend has a hydrauic clutch by Yam on his 426 2001 and it's incredible...

I've ordered one for mine, which cost me 240 Euros, about $275, but it's definetly worth it....

ByeBye Arm pump!!!!

Just put a CR perch on it. The pull is much better.

But will solw the YZ down.LOL

That's cool...

My friend has a hydrauic clutch by Yam on his 426 2001 and it's incredible...

I've ordered one for mine, which cost me 240 Euros, about $275, but it's definetly worth it....

ByeBye Arm pump!!!!

25 bucks for a new lever tho.....no spank you.

You also can use a WR-400's clutch actuator w/ a MSR Raptor perch and lever kit. I did this on my 426, made the pull feel like a 85.

BTW: The MSR Raptor w/hot start works w/the 450 also!

good point, screw that

Wow... where are you buying your levers???

The replacement lever for the hydraulic clutch costs me 9Euros, about $14,

and anyway... don't fall over, ya won't break your lever.. :D:D

just kidding...