Price tag of an 05' 650R

The cheapest out the dorr price for Southern California can be found @ L.A. Honda and they list that price in the Auto Trader. John Burr in Fontana will match it and most of the time they both are selling the 03' or 04' XR650R OTD for $4990.

The cheapest out the dorr price for Southern California can be found @ L.A. Honda and they list that price in the Auto Trader. John Burr in Fontana will match it and most of the time they both are selling the 03' or 04' XR650R OTD for $4990.

L.A. Honda.... :D

L.A. Honda.... :D

Let me elaborate on that remark........

They can sell cheaper than most because they don't pay workers

comp.

They can sell cheaper because the guy who puts your bike together is being

payed peanuts. Therefore you must go over every inch of that bike you

just bought with big savings. :D

They can sell cheaper and if you have a problem they will not back you like

most every other shop.

I will not give them another penny.

Wow, I guess I did ok. I bought a 2002 new for $4200 earlier this year here in Louisiana.

One question, was I supposed to get anything with the bike? Like some basic tools like a spark plug wrench? I didn't...

4Takt

Your bike should have come with a small blue tool kit that contains a spark plug wrench with a crappy screwdriver and an operators manual from what I recall.

I bought my first 650r brand new as a left-over from an out of state dealer for $3,450 + $125 for crating & shipping back in November of 2001. Then I had to pay CA sales tax and take it into the DMV for inspection, but my final OTD price including sales tax was just a bit under $4K from what I recall. Local dealers told me there was no way I'd get a brand new bike for that kind of price, but there were a couple TT'rs here who got in on this same deal. Sometimes the factories are overstocked on older bikes from previous years and they'll sell them to various dealers through an auction process to blow them out and I've bought a number of Yamaha's and Honda's this way over the years. The particular dealer we bought through was down to their last half dozen 650r's and they wanted rid of them, so they ran an ad in their local paper to sell their remaining 650'rs for $3,450 and another TT'r here let me in on the deal. I was charged $125 for crating and overnight shipping via Forward Air to my nearest terminal where I had to pick it up in its crate. The dealer also had one 650r that was damaged and they were selling it for $3,250 from what I recall, but the others were brand new left over models with a full factory warranty.

I've since bought two more 650r's, but they were used. I paid less than $3K for each of them and they both had very little use and still had the tits on the stock tires. The deals are out there if you bide your time and do your homework.

It depends on a few things like the price the dealer paid at that time, discounts from Honda, left over models and such.

Like Qadsan said, it was sweet a couple years ago when they had a lot of leftovers going cheap.

Right now in CA I'd guess you'd be around $5500 with all the tacked on crap and tax.

Honda just started an incentive of about $400 on some models, maybe the 650r is one of them.

I don't trust that LA Honda place.

I never heard anything bad about LA Honda prior to reading this thread. I bought my 2002 XR650R in September 2003 for $4990 OTD. My bike was put together fine and to date have never had any problems with it (several thousand miles). I haven't even done the footpeg fix and it's held up.

Hi I just purchased a used 05 with 900 miles and got a smoking deal 4,399 the gentleman put a Clarke 4 gallon tank disc guard. I searched Cycle trader and found lots of them from 5,799 and down. There was a place in LA that advertisied 4,995 brand new. But I couldnt get them to respond.

Steve :D