Help w/426f Clutch

have a 2000 YZ426f and the clutch jerks (doesn't engage smoothly) badly when I try to take off. It's the original clutch so I need to replace it. Can the pressure plate be warped?

thx

:D

Most likley the clutch basket is toast. Grooves/knotches get worn into the fingers of the basket causing the jerky engagement.

By a new Barnett clutch kit and one of there new baskets with the steel sleeved fingers. "Way cheaper than a Hinson unit" and you should be good to go.

Eric

Most likley the clutch basket is toast. Grooves/knotches get worn into the fingers of the basket causing the jerky engagement.

By a new Barnett clutch kit and one of there new baskets with the steel sleeved fingers. "Way cheaper than a Hinson unit" and you should be good to go.

Eric

And while you are in there, do yourself a favor and inspect the kickstart return stop CAREFULLY, if it is buggered at all, replace it along with BOTH of the bolts that secure it into place, there are 4 parts total including the bolts that you need, $14.00 total and will save your cases in the event of a lazy kick/backfire.

Trust me.