HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddurado

Yamaha WR/YZ Frame Paint PPG

8 posts in this topic

Yamaha frame paint is marketed by Color-Rite: COLOR-RITE CODE: 5815 (DEEP PURPLISH BLUE METALLIC) Yamaha MANUFACTURERS CODE: 564.

This paint is PPG Deltron manufactured by PPG. Does anyone know the PPG reference code for this color?

My father in law is a painter and I have used alot of their products to paint my trucks and my boat, they have awsome products.. You should be able to take the paint code to a PPG dealer and they can cross reference it. If not, than most paint dealers have a portable color match machine that they can put on your frame that will read the PPG code and match it to 99.9% accurate. :D Use PPg, Ihave heard that the Dupont is a thick messy mess!!!!

I am pretty sure the colour is copywrited or trademarked or something by yamaha

which is why you won't find it. Good luck if you do.

For what it's worth, I remember reading an article on Team Yamahas frames, not sure if they still have them powder coated but a company in California called Embee powder coated all their frames... You know they have the color... :D

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

I got the same exact info from Color-rite.com but I thought you could buy it directly from them with the info you already have somethin like $15 bucks for a nail polish sized bottle. Perfect for those pesky little scratches. Any way be sure to let us know how it goes. :D

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

That blows cause I was just getting geared up to strip my 01 down to the frame and get it done up, where is Embee? you got a number for them?