Yamaha WR/YZ Frame Paint PPG

Yamaha frame paint is marketed by Color-Rite: COLOR-RITE CODE: 5815 (DEEP PURPLISH BLUE METALLIC) Yamaha MANUFACTURERS CODE: 564.

This paint is PPG Deltron manufactured by PPG. Does anyone know the PPG reference code for this color?

My father in law is a painter and I have used alot of their products to paint my trucks and my boat, they have awsome products.. You should be able to take the paint code to a PPG dealer and they can cross reference it. If not, than most paint dealers have a portable color match machine that they can put on your frame that will read the PPG code and match it to 99.9% accurate. :D Use PPg, Ihave heard that the Dupont is a thick messy mess!!!!

pj1 make a spray can of yamaha blue, if that helps

I am pretty sure the colour is copywrited or trademarked or something by yamaha

which is why you won't find it. Good luck if you do.

For what it's worth, I remember reading an article on Team Yamahas frames, not sure if they still have them powder coated but a company in California called Embee powder coated all their frames... You know they have the color... :D

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

I got the same exact info from Color-rite.com but I thought you could buy it directly from them with the info you already have somethin like $15 bucks for a nail polish sized bottle. Perfect for those pesky little scratches. Any way be sure to let us know how it goes. :D

I went to Embee and they didn't want to powder coat my frame. They said there was too much hassle doing it cuz of the oil in the frame aspect. I also talked to Olympic and they gave me the same lukewarm response. :D

That blows cause I was just getting geared up to strip my 01 down to the frame and get it done up, where is Embee? you got a number for them?