stupid question.....

got myself an aluminum clutch cover. went to remove the stock cover, put oil pan under it. when i pulled the old cover no oil came out, but everything had an oily coating. i did not start the bike before hand and the bike had not been started for several days. is this normal???????

That seeems really odd. I know when I installed the rekluse clutch I had to lay the bike on it's side to keep the oil from running out :D

got myself an aluminum clutch cover. went to remove the stock cover, put oil pan under it. when i pulled the old cover no oil came out, but everything had an oily coating. i did not start the bike before hand and the bike had not been started for several days. is this normal???????

It is a dry sump system, did you just run the engine? Normal if you did. Now if it sat all night and did this...

The bike was cold, don't think i started it that day. I thought it was odd, but i have never had the covers off before. I check the oil level every day before I ride. Yes, after a 1-2 minute warm up. It has been showing about 3/4 up on the dip stick. The bike runs and pulls hard...

what kind of clutch cover? i cracked mine this weekend.

what kind of clutch cover? i cracked mine this weekend.

In other words, he'd lile to buy your old "take off" unit! :D

no i would like to get a blue one but i've only found one for $150.

my engine sounds different after the break - was it b/c the sound is coming from the gaping hole?

I got it on e-bay.$80.00, brand new alluminum. They retail for around $175.00. I have my factory cover. u can have it for the shipping cost.

Geex $175!!!! Man thats expensive!!! Yikes remind me never to bust mine!!

I would use the soap trick untill I could flog another one :D

In other words, he'd lile to buy your old "take off" unit! :D

Lol thats funny