Staked chain vs. Master Link

Tim, How's it going man? I ordered the Ironman 15/47 last night and they are out of the 47, so I got a 48. I will order an ERV2 or 3. Where should I go for the staking tool? I guess I will do some searching around.

Yeah I have a friend who was going to drive my chase truck while I rode it Ironman, and he wants to ride some of it with me, which is fine by me since 500+ miles is a lot for my first desert race. :eek:

He donated his real low mileage '01 650R :D:eek: to the cause and I'm buying the parts and pieces to get it race ready for V2R. I was going to spend the money on my 600 anyway, and now I feel much more comfortable on his :D finely tuned 650r :D than my beat up high miles 600 that burns quite a bit of oil. :D:D

I can't wait!!! I look forward to seeing you there as well. This should be quite an adventure for us boys from Back East :D:p:eek::D

I running 15/48 gearing for the 650R. How many link chain do I need since stock is 14/48 with I believe 110 links. Thanks :D:D .

I running 15/48 gearing for the 650R. How many link chain do I need since stock is 14/48 with I believe 110 links. Thanks :D:D .

112 links.

Max Power, Thanks man, I'll get on it. Walt :D

This site has a gearing calculator which also works out the chain length. It appears to be set-up for the XR650R which is handy. It does suggest the correct amount of links for the two setups that I use.

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/gearing_calc.xls

Enjoy

Mark