Forestry approved sparkarrestor and mods

I,m a newbie but have been trail riding 5 years, and have rode dirt bikes (2 strokes) and street bikes since I was a kid. I just bought a 04 WR450 and love it. Some of the free mods have been done like the throttle stop and exhaust plug. I have been reading the forums about the grey wire and decomp plugs. Has anybody had any problems with anything working right after the grey wire? (electrit start). What is the best exhaust to buy that is forestry approoved? Also, what suggestions can you WR owners give me for the best free mods and to keep this thumper maintenance free. (out of the shop) THANKS ! NEWBIE....

if your bike has the smog kit,I dont think it does,take it off,get the jd jet kit and listen to the other members on this forum as how to set it up ,pull the grey wire, do the air box mod and new air filter, and hang on tight!I myself am still pondering a pipe , dont want loud just more power and better sound.

Quiet Products, www.quietiscool.com makes the best insert! It flows better and is just about as quiet as the others...the others are overpriced for what they do.

Website says "WR 250/450 QUIETIP 6-8db"

That is a great reduction! That is from stock with regular insert in place but the ridiculous moped power level smaller insert removed? Or is that compared to no insert in stocker at all? The price is certainly right. Feedback please. :D

That is from no insert to quiet core, I constantly get complimented on how nice my 03 sounds with the Quiet core in...I haven't had it out since I got it. It replaced a GYT-R insert that fell out, they seem to do that a lot...

Bike runs great, the exh. can doesn't get nearly as hot.