HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROD NOKIN

CA Green sticker

10 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having trouble getting a green sticker on a 05 wr450? Aren't

they green sticker compliant? Thanks for any advice.

That's one of the reasons I bought it. I received a red sticker in the mail so I made an apointment at the DMV to get it rectified. The guy at the DMV office

looked it up and said it should have a red sticker. Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me. That could take forever!

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike. Your 2005 should have a different digit in that 8th position. You can read about it on DMV's website, www.dmv.ca.gov, go to "registration", then "off highway vehicles". The '05 WR450 is a green sticker bike, trust me, but the slug behind the DMV counter is the person you have to convince. :D:D

Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me.[/quote

Yeah, right... and my lawnmower doubles as a cold fusion reactor.

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike....

Cool, though, I'm not a Cally resident, I have a 2004 WR450F and the 8th digit is a "W"