CA Green sticker

Is anyone else having trouble getting a green sticker on a 05 wr450? Aren't

they green sticker compliant? Thanks for any advice.

Yes, the 05 wr450 has an AIS which got it a green sticker. :D

That's one of the reasons I bought it. I received a red sticker in the mail so I made an apointment at the DMV to get it rectified. The guy at the DMV office

looked it up and said it should have a red sticker. Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me. That could take forever!

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike. Your 2005 should have a different digit in that 8th position. You can read about it on DMV's website, www.dmv.ca.gov, go to "registration", then "off highway vehicles". The '05 WR450 is a green sticker bike, trust me, but the slug behind the DMV counter is the person you have to convince. :D:D

yup green sticker.

That gives me some ammo. Thanks!

Its all in the VIN! They sent me GREEN :D

i have 2 friends with wr's and they got the greens

Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me.[/quote

Yeah, right... and my lawnmower doubles as a cold fusion reactor.

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike....

Cool, though, I'm not a Cally resident, I have a 2004 WR450F and the 8th digit is a "W"