Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wkimmell

YZ426F - Woods / Hare Scramble Set-up

6 posts in this topic

I have a YZ426F that I want to start riding in the woods. I do not ride enough to justify purchasing a new bike. Any upgrades and set-up recommendations would be appreciated.

:D

Is the suspension stock? Depending on your weight, and the terrain you'll be riding, stock YZ suspension may be a little stiff. Lots of variables though.....

A flywheel weight would be a big help too, and around 14/51, or 14/52 gearing would be a good starting point. :D

I would highly recomend a Rekluse auto clutch. It will run you about $400, but it's more than worth the money. It makes riding tight/technical stuff sooooo much easier. I give it 2 big :D:D Do a search on Rekluse. You will be hard pressed to find a single user that doesn't love it, especially for the kind of riding you plan on doing.

I would highly recomend a Rekluse auto clutch. It will run you about $400, but it's more than worth the money. It makes riding tight/technical stuff sooooo much easier. I give it 2 big :D:D Do a search on Rekluse. You will be hard pressed to find a single user that doesn't love it, especially for the kind of riding you plan on doing.

Ditto.

The first time I took mine into the tight woods stock it was a HOLY SH :D stallfest. After a 12oz flywheel weight, rekluse , and 14/52 gearing, and a generous softening of the suspension clickers it is now a woods beast. :eek::D:D

I'm giving a 52 tooth rear a shot next weekend... if I'm not happy with that, I'll probably try the flywheel weight.