burning my leg

all right here is my problem when i ride even if its for awhile my wr450's(05) exhaust gets so hot that it burns my leg with out ever having direct contact with the exhaust. is there something i can do to keep the bike from heating up so bad?

and what do u guys suggest as far as exhaust?

Pick up some good boots, And a Pair of riding pants that have leather by your lower leg :D

What kind of exhaust system are you running? Are you using some type of heatshield or an unshielded head pipe? How long does it take for the pipe to get "hot"? We need more information to help you.

it might be my radiator as well. but i'm running a completely stock system right now. and with in 5 mins of idle my bike is heating up like crazy.

Turn your fuel screw 1/2 turn out. This will give you a little richer idle and cool the bike down.

Turn your fuel screw 1/2 turn out. This will give you a little richer idle and cool the bike down.

I did the same last week. It helped. It also cured the hesitation right off idle.

Can you adjust the stock fuel screw? Could that also help to decrease the backfiring?

don't put your leg down :D

Last week there was an active thread about how to access and adjust the fuel screw. Search "fuel screw" and you should find it quickly. :D

Stop wearing shorts and get some proper riding pants :D