HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daz_426_02

Black plastics Photos???

34 posts in this topic

Thinking of doing it to my 02 426. Dose anyone have any Photos of a Yami dressed in black?

Still undecided whether to do the frame black or not? :D A black Clarke tank may be on the cards too..... :D

Thanks Chris,

That looks like a sweet Supermoto ride man !! Are those shrouds and rear fender OEM or aftermarket?

Yeah tough choice, powder coat black or leave it blue...

Thanks !! :D

Thanks Chris,

That looks like a sweet Supermoto ride man !! Are those shrouds and rear fender OEM or aftermarket?

Yeah tough choice, powder coat black or leave it blue...

Thanks !! :D

Thanks :D All my plastics, except the tank, are aftermarket. Front guard is Acerbis , rear is UFO, shrouds and sideplates are Polisport.

how much did it cost you?

kevan

I don't wanna know..... :D

I bought it new. In '02 here in Australia, the WR426 retailed for over AU$10,000. :D I think I paid AU$9,800 on the road. I've thrown plenty of $$$ at it since then.....

When I did my conversion over to all white plastics, I got the frame done in a gun metal gray, looks much better....

DSCF0023.jpg

Still undecided whether to do the frame black or not? :D A black Clarke tank may be on the cards too..... :D

It would be the icing on the cake, along with the black tank. Go for it.

I've decided to strip it down when the weather warms up over here, probably in a couple of months. I'll get a black Clarke tank, but i'm not sure whether to do the frame black, or Gunmetal Grey??? Suggestions? :D Whatever colour I choose for the frame, I may (may, not 100% sure yet) do the swingarm too. Maybe black anodize the swingarm?

imo the swingarm looks better left alone, or you could polish it to contrast. i personally think that black looks good on frames :D......do what your heart tells you :D:D

both the white and black bikes look unbelaveblely awsom, but on the black one it has 3 spokes where did you find them

both the white and black bikes look unbelaveblely awsom, but on the black one it has 3 spokes where did you find them

My 426 has 17" street bike rims. It's for the asphalt only at the moment. :D