Sticking Throttle

MY THROTTLE STICKS IN THE OPEN POSITION. WHAT GIVES? IS CABLE LUBE THE KEY? IF SO HOW DO I LUBE MY 03 XR 650R? gUYS THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND ASSISTANCE :D

Motion Pro makes a cable lube tool, You might want to clean and lube your throttle tube also......... :D

I Removed My Grip This Morning And I Still Had The Problem. The Throttle Operates Smoothly To The Full Open Position Then Will Not Return When Released. Both Cables Appear To Have A Little Play In Them, So I Do Not Think That The Cables Are Pinched. Which Cable Is The Return? I Have Also Heard That Under The Circular Cover Are Springs Which Are A Pain To Work With. Also Exactly Where Does The Lube Go And How Much???

after changing my grips, mine hung up the same way ... I just needed to pull the grip outward about 1/8" or less, and that instantly fixed it, evidently, the grip rubs the end of the throttle tube, just enough to create a drag .. did yours still stick when you had the grip all the way off ?

YES, IT STILL STUCK AFTER THE GRIP WAS REMOVED. IAM GOING TO TAKE THE WHEEL OFF ND LUBE IT. :D

I CLEANED AND LUBED IT STILL HAD THE PROBLEM. THEN I TILTED THE WHOLE PERCH IN. END OF PROBLEM WHAT GIVES???? DID I INADVERTANTLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY LENGTHINING THE THROTTLE CABLE??? :D

problems ive had:

-gips rubed on bark busters

-throtle cable was not on the silde track

-cable was in need ove some lubin

-push cable was busted

-push cable was to short (thats why it busted.....came on bike that way)