Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R_Little

My piston pin and small end is scored

4 posts in this topic

Well I got the top end off and everything looks good except the piston pin and small end. about 20% is scored. it pushed out of the piston by hand and there is no play in it. it also feels smooth but you can see the scoring.

Anyway, I'm debating whether to put an auto-d cam and a bore kit in this motor or just button it up and ride it.

Maybe the best thing to do is put a 426 rod and cylinder and maybe make a 441!

Anyone got a source for a boreable 426 cyl or know someone who could do the rod or the complete motor for me in 2-3 weeks?

Any advice?

Thanks

Sorry, can't recommend anyone to do your engine, but I WOULD definitely recommend fitting the auto' de-comp' exhaust cam while it's apart. Makes starting MUCH easier, also produces good power spread. Mine has stock bore, so someone with a big-bore can advise you there..... :D

Well I got the top end off and everything looks good except the piston pin and small end. about 20% is scored. it pushed out of the piston by hand and there is no play in it. it also feels smooth but you can see the scoring.

Anyway, I'm debating whether to put an auto-d cam and a bore kit in this motor or just button it up and ride it.

Maybe the best thing to do is put a 426 rod and cylinder and maybe make a 441!

Anyone got a source for a boreable 426 cyl or know someone who could do the rod or the complete motor for me in 2-3 weeks?

Any advice?

Thanks

Send your crank to ericgorr.com and he will completely rebuild it with the 426 rod for approximately $150

Lukesracing.com has the 444 kit ready to ship for $350-$375. You'll have to send your core jug back to him in exchange.

I've done what you are contemplating doing and used the above two companies with great success. Good luck.

Can't get ahold of eric gore. he is on vacation till October!

I'm sending the bottom end to Lukes Racing. He says he can make my 400 a 441 so.....I'm gonna take the leap.

Now I need to find a 426 borable jug.

Thanks