Throttle Problem

My Throttle Sticks In The Open Position On My Xr 650r How Can I Remedy This Problem ? Cable Lube? If So How Thanks For Your Advice. iT MOVES SMOOTHLY BUT WILL NOT CLOSE ON ITS OWN. KINDA LIKE A CRUISE CONTROL BUT DANGEROUS I SUSPECT. :D

-take it apart and clean the crud out of the housing where the little wheel is, and put a dab of grease in there if it's dry.

-If you have cut the end of your throttle sleeve for barkbusters, sometimes crap will get between the plastic sleeve and the bar and cause it to bind.

-If still no good, replace the cable(s).

(before tossing your cables, check the routing to make sure it's not pinched. xr650r.us has a cable routing picture )

Roger cleaning the crud out...also, some of the wheel assemblies have burrs on the wheels and/or the housing which makes the throttle slightly stick at points...run your finger over he top of the wheel and feel for rough spots, also inside the hosuing. Emery paper any rough spots.

when changing to new grips, I noticed mine hung up too ... it was the grip pushed onto the bar too far ... pull the throttle grip about 1/8" outwards ... freed mine right up ..(if that frees it up, you will no doubt need to pull the grip all the way off, and re-glue it)

Did you have the carb apart at all? Did the problem start on it's own? If you just did a power up kit it's possible the carb spring isn't installed properly. I know when I have removed my tank in the past it pinched throttle cables as mentioned above. It could also have a problem in the throttle assembly itself. My stock throttle return cable became frayed and it stuck.

I TOOK THE THROTTLE HOUSING APART CLEANED AND LUBED. STILL STUCK.

THEN LOOSENED THE PERCH AND ROTATED THE WHOLE THING INWARD. END OF PROBLEM. WHAT GIVES DID I INADVERTANTLY FIX THE PROBLEM BY LENGHTING THE CABLE OR SOMETHING????